between computer science and software engineering, which course should I choose?

3

Deon’s Answer

This is an excellent question. Both Computer Science and Software Engineering are relevant curriculums in the technology industry, especially in the IT/engineering career fields. However, I would recommend choosing Computer Science because it offers more breadth and depth in the IT/engineering career fields. This means the Computer Science education will cover all aspects of the IT/engineering field, while the Software Engineering curriculum will be streamlined around software development. Also, the Computer Science curriculum will include aspects of Software Engineering. The Computer Science education will broaden your education and your career options beyond just software development.

0

Lai’s Answer

Good question. It depends on your interests and the degree you are aiming for. I would recommend taking at least one of each so that you can have a good understanding of the curriculum. My University offered free auditing of classes. May be that will be a good opportunity for you to get a preview of the class syllabus and material.

Jambo Benard! Coming from someone who's grateful and lucky to be involved in the San Francisco tech industry, Software Engineering is a fundamental and crucial role of any modern and future company. It's a global job, that is internationally transferable. Languages are challenging to learn, but if you're up for changing your life and having a career for your entire future, Software engineering is crucial. Work on GitHub projects to build your "resume" :) Languages: Python, JavaScrpit, Swift Networkng: GitHub Hope this helps! Miles Miles Mallory

0