Is there a requirement to be physically fit as a commercial diver?

Updated El Paso, Texas

Updated Frisco, Texas

Diving is a very serious and physical demanded profession, with great monetary rewards. Great physical condition is a must, this job is also very stressful. Although a local dive shop is for fractional driving, the instructors should be able to give additional insight and direction.

Tracy’s Answer

Updated Grapevine, Texas

Yes.

Hi Tracy. Could you elaborate a bit on what physical health characteristics are needed for diving? Also, any background on how you came to learn about that would be helpful. Does one need to verify their ability to dive with a doctor, for example?

Updated San Antonio, Texas

Eric, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye! You need to be able to pop your ears. A lot of people in Texas have allergies and could have problems with that. I know that I have always had bad ears, and, my ear doctor told me that I could not participate in diving.

Aman’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Check your BMI it will tell you, and their are also commercial drivers which are fat, but its better to be healthy thn to be fat