what do you do at work and what is your schedule

6
6

William’s Answer

0
Hi. In my job and role it is salaried, but typically I like to start work by 8a and try to finish by 6p, Monday through Friday. My role has changed throughout my career thus far. I have probably been given an opportunity in various fields and those opportunities have come every 1 to 2 years.

To me these are the important things to keep in mind as I would expect your career will be different but certain principles are applicable to all work.

1. Always be eager and open to learn
2. Seek additional opportunities to learn different aspects of work you may not be directly exposed to
3. Be a team player
4. Continue to build your skill sets
5. Be involved
6. Enjoy what you do.
0

Estelle’s Answer

0
I am a gynecologic surgeon. I perform surgeries on Mondays from 8:00am to 4:00 pm. Tuesdays, I go see patients in the hospital for their postop visits around 8:00am then see patients in my office until 5:00. The rest of the week is 9:00-5:00, and I usually exercise before work on those days and on weekends. It is very important to set a schedule for exercise during your work week whenever possible. Good luck!
0

Mary’s Answer

0

I'm an IT service manager, answer email, meetings, evaluating trends and problem solving.

We work a flexible schedule mostly M-F 8-5, but there are times where are needed at night or weekends for deployments or issues. However, we can adjust our schedule depending on our needs and responsibility. We can balance family, friends, and hobbies to have a fulfilled life.

0

Kathryn’s Answer

0
Hi Kaitlyn, I work in Corporate Social Responsibility for a large corporation. I usually work 7:30 - 4:30, but i use weekends to catch up sometimes. There will always be times when you need to work more hours (to meet a deadline, for example.) There are not too many emergencies in my current role, so I can plan for extra work hours when needed. Good luck in your future career and it's very smart of you to be thinking of these questions now!
0

Jamie’s Answer

0
I work in operations. My schedule is usually Monday through Friday btwn the hours of 8am and 5pm. My time varies based on appointments i may have during the day with doctors, my children or work meetings that require me to be in the office earlier or later. I really appreciate that my company has flexibility to allow me to build my hours within reason.
0

Amanda’s Answer

0
Right now I work at Verizon Tuesday through Saturday 8 am to 5 pm and 3 to 4 days a week I also work at Walmart from 6 pm to 10 pm. I also work at Walmart on Sundays for 8 hours of a random shift. I normally work random shifts throughout the week for Verizon in store as a salesperson but with Covid I have been redeployed to customer service over the phones. I work as a front end cashier for Walmart.
0