Is it okay to feel scare to start working?

Im new to all of this "independence" #work-life-balance

11

Mia’s Answer

Hello Adamar
Yes it's normal to feel a little apprehensive when started a new job or anything new. You will do well. Take advantage of every training opportunity that the job offers!

Hope this helps!

1

Aparna’s Answer

Everyone at one point in their life, just like you must have felt that way. It's ok to feel scared as it is something you have never done before but believe me you will overcome your fear once you step into it. Think about swimming as an analogy, water can be scary at first, but as you learn how to swim you will enjoy water and swimming. Good luck! Believe you can do and take a deep breath and count 100 backwards, you will relax and take your first steps.

0

Alejandro’s Answer

Oh man! Of course! There are questions like "What if I get fired for not knowing how to do something right away?" and "Every other employee there will know much more than I!", and that's normal. Just remember they all know you're new, they are not expecting you to learn it all in the first day, let alone the first few weeks. All those other employees were in your exact same position. Don't worry, everyone will make sure you know how to complete the tasks properly and also you can always ask questions. Always ask, it's better to ask rather than assume.

0

Yasemin’s Answer

Hi Adamar! Yes of course it's completely normal! I can relate to what you are saying because when I was in high school I applied to many places and couldn't find a job then college came and suddenly I had three jobs! My third job came later on, which was when I was a tutor but for each of them I was scared because for the first time I was actually going to make my own money and learn to navigate my world along with going to college. I think it takes time to really adjust to new settings, I forget the professional term but even in psychology there is a concept where if you are in a new role, such as working in a job you didn't before, it can feel weird and out of place. Just take your time because soon you will definitely start to adapt to the new changes happening and hopefully even be happy with them!

0

Natasha’s Answer

Yes, it's all right to be scared or unsure. It's like the 1st day of school or collage. But know that the work environment is going to support you. There will be people around to help and as long as you have a smile on your face and a positive attitude, YOU will do well.

0

Brett’s Answer

Hello,
Of course its ok to feel scared, I think we all are scared of new situations (whether we admit it or not). Put your best foot forward and realize that once you do what it is you are scared of it is no longer new and you have no reason to be scared. Good Luck!

0

Howard’s Answer

ABSOLUTELY!! Most people experience various level of anxiety when staring a new job or thinking being in a new environment.The key is to not let your fear or anxiety prohibit you from being able to learn, observe, ans ask questions in regard to your new job. these things will help you deal with and control your anxieties.

0

Brett’s Answer

Hello,

0

Jaclyn’s Answer

Yes, it is ok to feel scared and completely normal. But, with starting something new you might find that its not so scary and that you might be great at what you will be doing. So just listen, take notes, and I am sure everyone will help you to become better.

0

Jaclyn’s Answer

0

Kevin’s Answer

Yes, I am sure most people were nervous and/or apprehensive about starting to work!

take a deep breath, try your best, listen and learn, everything will work out just fine

Good Luck

0

Kevin’s Answer

Good Luck

0

Alejandro’s Answer

0

Ed’s Answer

It is okay to feel scared and completely normal. Face your fear, don't let it prevent you from working or trying new things. The fear will quickly dissipate as you become familiar with the new experience. Enjoy your independence!

0