What motivates you to stay working as a nurse?

3

This question is for nurses or fellow people working in the healthcare field, I'd like to know what keeps you motivated to keep working in that field.

#registered-nurses #nursing-education #healthcare #nursing #nurse

3

Tiffany’s Answer

0
The simple fact that I took a Hippocratic Oath 23 years ago to Do No Harm was counterproductive to the Oath I took the day I Enlisted. I have upheld that oath even through my military career and throughout every hard situation I have been put in. In this day and age there are so many people out there that are in need of individuals that have the experience and the training like we have. We cannot start thwarting our sense of duty NOW when our country needs us the most. When our Doctor’s need our support the most. When our patients and families need us the most. Fear is a huge motivator to panic and stress which can cause panic and unnecessary physical and mental problems in the body, we all know this as healthcare professionals. We have to be truthful, calm and vigilant right now and get drug into the “blah blah blah” going on around the country and keep standing y’all and focusing on what we can focus on. THAT IS WHY I STILL DO WHAT I DO....because someone has to. Love you all!!!
0

Patty’s Answer

0
Hi Mariah,

Nurses usually have to work in high-stress environments. It's not any different for me. My day is so high-stress I am often still reeling even when off the clock. Nursing can be a thankless job most days. The compensation is adequate. However, the hours are very long. At the end of the day, most healthcare professionals love what they do. I also love what I do because I feel as if I am making a difference in this world.

I believe as long as anyone in any field feels as if they are making a difference in the world that is what enables them to wake up the next day and do it all over again. I work in hospice and although this specialty isn't for everyone I like how I touch families' lives at a very critical and sensitive stage of life. It takes skill and finesse to ease the fears and anxiety of many of the patients. I get great satisfaction from knowing I am able to provide this much-needed guidance and comfort.

I hope this helps. All nurses have to figure out what motivates them. It is different for each and every one of us.

Best of Luck,

Patty Born
0