What is the most efficient pathway to become a Registered Nurse?

I am a High School graduate, interested in the Health-Care field
#nursing #nurse #healthcare #registered-nurses

If this is the field you want to go into than I would encourage you to start at a three year level, if you find that you are doing well you could always see about continuing to get your Masters degree. It is so vitally important that if you are not having problems with grades and learning that the Bachelors degree is what you get. I think that some of the older nurses like myself were busy juggling schedules with family life and children and we were not able to get the BSN as we should have. Whatever you do keep an open mind and learn the hands on as well as your theory and you will go far. Never ever tell anyone that you know it all because that would be a day that you would need to look for something different to work at. Diana McFarling

4

Estelle’s Answer

I recommend a 2 year registered nursing program right after high school if you want to fastest path.
RN you can do either:
2 year Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
or
4 years for your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Either Degree you will have to take the NCLEX-RN exam (you take this exam after you graduate)
So what's the difference?
Some people get their ADN 1st then enter the work force earlier.
Also some companies offer tuition assistance to help pay for your BSN if you want to continue your education.
BSN opens more doors for you. The BSN often times can advance into management jobs, leadership positions, specialties and research.

0

Nate’s Answer

It depends on your definition of efficient but the way I recommend is doing a BSN program at an accredited, non-profit school. Skip the LPN and 2-year RN programs if you're able to attend full-time. If you're not able to go full-time, still skip the LPN program as you'll likely want to obtain your RN later anyway and the LPN program is not much shorter. Also, once you start the nursing program, don't give up thinking that it might not be what you want to do. There are so many paths you can take with a nursing degree from floor nursing to working at a healthcare software company (what I do).

0

Lisa’s Answer

The quickest and most cost effective way is a community college associate degree program. No matter which type of school you chose, it will be the hardest thing you ever do. Once you obtain your RN keep going on to a bachelors at minimum. Good luck !!

0