How do people advance in position in this field ?

Asked El Paso, Texas

I am Arturo , and I will want to be a HVAC tech in el paso. the companys name is GMS. #career #career-path #career-choice #job

Melisa’s Answer

Updated Chicago, Illinois

Hi Arturo,

While I am not in the HVAC industry, I wanted to share some things I feel can help, no matter what field of work you’re in.

These include some basic and important qualities that have helped me in my career path, like the following:

1.    Be reliable. Show up to work, deliver on your commitments and even go above and beyond to deliver results in your work.

2.    Be a strong collaborator. Contribute to your team and the company you represent.

3.    Grow your connections. Increase your network of customers, people, mentors and advocates who can help you advance in your career of choice.

4.    Experience and Education. Be a life-long learner. Continue to look for new ways to increase your education and improve your skills in your field. Never stop learning and reach out to others for help and feedback.

Best wishes in your future goals!

career #career-path #career-choice #job

Melisa recommends the following next steps:

• Seek a mentor or advocate in your field who can help guide you.
  • Search online for free resources, like technical trade videos or training that can help you improve your skills.
  • Celebrate your milestones and successes! When you learn something new or achieve a milestone – take time to celebrate and thank others who have helped you.