What companies or industries do you think I should target?

3

My name is Suzette I. I’m a senior at Brennan HS and after I graduate I want to attend Texas State and study journalism and digital media to become a sports broadcaster #sports #sports-management #broadcast-media

3

Andrew’s Answer

0

Hi Suzette-

When I first got into sports journalism I focused primarily on newspapers and radio, but there are plenty more opportunities today and I'd encourage you to try them all! For example, there are many online only outlets you could look into, or even podcasting where you could join an existing one or creating a new one entirely. My advice is to try to involve yourself in as many companies or industries you can, and I've found LinkedIn to be a great source for finding new opportunities.

Good luck your senior year!

0

Gordon’s Answer

0
Pay close attention to how your local radio and television stations present their sports broadcasts. This will give you a feel for how the presentations should work. Listen to how they speak and blow they write. This is also true in television. Read your local newspapers COVER TO COVER, and don’t get lazy. Develops a large knowledge base of the teams, their place in the league standings, and pay attention to what they say in question and answer sessions. You will then probably develop questions you would like to ask. This is a great start and gets your curiosity going.
0