Is coaching fun?

6
6

Matthew’s Answer

1
I find coaching to be one of the most rewarding aspects of my job. Growing and developing your career has its rewards and benefits but being able to help others achieve success seems to add another component to this. The impact you can have both directly on a coachee and indirectly on others can be expanded well beyond your immediate view. It is important to always remember that coaching is a two-way street. If you are open to it, you will learn just as much as the person you are coaching.
1

Matthew’s Answer

1
Coaching is a lot of fun! It is very rewarding to engage in conversations with your peers about what they are hoping to achieve in the job and provide advice based on personal experience. As you progress as a coach and mentor several people, you learn a lot about yourself and how the aspirations, strengths and weaknesses of those around you compare to your own. You also learn how to build teams and accomplish things that you would never be able to achieve by yourself. I love being a coach for my teams.
1

Katya’s Answer

0
Hi Kyle, when you talking about coaching- are you referring to any specific coaching? For example, coaching a team on how to be more productive, coaching team to keep them engaged and motivated, coaching a sports team, becoming a life coach or a stress management coach.

I will share with you my coaching experience- I have been conducting coaching while being a Retail Leader. My main responsibility is around coaching associates around delivering on exceptional client experience, coaching around behaviors, coaching around motivational spirit of the team, coaching around their individual performance.

I absolutely enjoy this part of my job because I get to build teams, individual associates, I get to engage in self discovery sessions, I get to understand my team better and most importantly I want them to do great and get promoted.

So, for me being a coach is another great way to also build my leadership skills. I do have to say- you have to love this part-as it takes time, it takes energy and not all coaching sessions are positive and sometimes you have to have a difficult conversation and be able to sustain positive and ready for any feedback from the associate.

I also have a certificate in Life Coaching- this part I love as it allows me to help individuals find their individual life purpose .

Good luck
0

Puneet’s Answer

0
Coaching is a highly rewarding profession. Sometimes, people mistake coaching for mentoring or teaching. There is a difference between coaching, mentoring, and teaching. All 3 are necessary depending on the situation.

ICF provides certifications if you want to be a full-time coach - https://coachfederation.org/
0

Swapnil’s Answer

0
Hi Kyle,

Depends on you if you love teaching. If yes, then it can be really fun for you otherwise no.

It is something brightening the careers of our future generations. With knowledge give trust & confidence. No activity can be as great as teaching.

If you are a good teacher your students will remember you through out their life.

Thank you,
Swapnil
0

Palak’s Answer

0
Coaching is very rewarding. I enjoy the opportunity to coach and mentor young professionals. It's an opportunity for me to give back to the community and help other's succeed.
0