what carrier should i have

11

I love playing basketball and football but i am not that athletic to become one. I do love science like the solar system. i like building things. Also like working on computers. I also want to learn how to cook. #computer-science #sports #technology

11

Doug’s Answer

3
If you are still in school then making sure to take math and science courses would be important for your science, building and computer interests.

There are a huge range of interesting careers in those areas. Data science, cybersecurity and machine learning are all dramatically growing fields that fit into those areas. I think one of the key items is to explore the topics more. Look around at some of the other questions that have been asked here on some of the topics you find interesting and see what comments show up.

Doug recommends the following next steps:

• Find a podcast to listen to on the subject to learn more about it. For building things engineering and design might be of interest to you so the podcase 99percent invisble might be a good one. For cybersecurity a podcast called the darknet diaries might be a good introduction.
3

Bonnie’s Answer

1
Hi Anthony

I recommend you try some free online courses at Udacity’s online programs. I earned a Nanodegree in Introduction to Programming. They have hundreds of free courses.

Bonnie recommends the following next steps:

• Visit Udacity.com and try free courses—I did!
1

Gary (Dominic)’s Answer

0
Like that you have some many ideas of what you like and would maybe like to turn that into a career. I have seen that you have received some good advice from other representatives, so to add to what they said, maybe look into some part time work into these fields. For example, research to see if someone offers some form of internship or volunteer work around cooking. See if this is something you are interested in. In addition, look to see if there are special classes you can take in school around the areas that you are interested.
0

Dennis’s Answer

0
Anthony -

Great diversity of fields - Find out which one makes you most comfortable (can even be more than one!)
Architecture, Sports Management, Teacher ... eventually you can focus on that Career path even working internships to get to your Career even sooner than later - Experience is vital and a Game changer -

Best of Luck!
0

Andrea’s Answer

0
I think you need to make sure that you find a career that makes you happy, make contributions to that particular avenue and that will also be relevant in 5,10,15 years.
0

Charles’s Answer

0
Hello Anthony

I think it is always a great idea to build new job skills based on your existing passions. You say you like working on computers. IBM offers apprenticeship programs that can help someone like yourself. The apprenticeship program can help you pickup valuable new job skills, from electronics technicians to application development specialists. If you have a passion for computer technology, this could be a great option for you. Also, a four year degree is NOT required in order to enter the apprenticeship program.

Charles recommends the following next steps:

• Check out the IBM New Collar Apprenticeship Web Site https://www.ibm.com/us-en/employment/newcollar/apprenticeships.html
0

Donna’s Answer

0
Hi Anthony, I was reading your question and the first thing that came into my head was a teacher. You have a diverse set of interests and you can use them all as a teacher and impact the future of many children and the world as a whole.

0

Sudarshan’s Answer

0
Hmm So the best career for you as per your interest would be something which is related to both Space and Computers, so Astrophysics would be great choice. And as for sports and cooking you can do it in your day to day life :)
0

Alyce M.’s Answer

0
Hi Anthony! This is a great question and I actually have some experience in technology and sports. My daughter was an athlete in school as well, but didn't want to become a professional athlete. Her high school offered Sports Medicine and Sports Management classes where she had to opportunity to become directly involved by managing the football team and assisting the trainer when needed. In college, she majored in Sports Management and interned at several sports companies helping building their athletic programs, developing statistical metrics, building their websites, and a range of other opportunities in her wheelhouse.

With all that said, you can still be involved with sports and not be an athlete. Good luck!

Alyce M. recommends the following next steps:

• Look into the variety of opportunities associated with sports technology. Here are a few from LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/sports-technology-jobs/
  • Find a lane you are interested in and commit to it. There's sports science, you can work on building sports arenas in architecture, you can develop sports apps and websites, or you can be a private chef for athletes.
  • Find free opportunities to participate in your areas of interest so you can touch it, feel it and see it to determine if you really like it
  • Most importantly... Have fun! You are young and it's great that you have identified your interests so you have plenty of time to figure it out.
0

Rafael’s Answer

0
I think you should go for something Technical such IT technical engineer and if that is beyond you budget I will advice to go for some AA+ certification which will help you develop in the building of computers.
0

Rajesh’s Answer

0
Learning to cook is very different than pursuing a career as a professional chef! I don't know how old you are and whether you are studying in school/college. With limited background of this question, I'd suggest that you explore your interests more by taking online courses (EDX, Udacity, Coursera, etc) which will help you truly understand whether you want to invest in that field for a future career. I'd also highly recommend to talk to professionals in the areas that you are interested in to better understand what they do. May be you won't like their response and move on to another job which will make you happy!
0