How do I score good marks in the SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)?

2

I want to score high marks on my SSLC test and was wondering if anybody had any tips for studying/preparation. #teaching #teacher #students #experts #education #college #career-counseling

2

Col Sen’s Answer

1

Hello Sai,

We can understand what you are going through. I can tell you about my experience as I was also very conscious about the scoring although in our times challenges were different. We didn't have access to technology and very limited access to many books or information which is available today but I agree that you have more challenges to handle and thus pressure is very high. Coming to the answer, I would say that we had a teacher who used to say : Read the subject - once, Think (Manan/Chintan) - twice and Write/reproduce - Thrice! What does that mean? So to make it simple, we used to read a question or chapter thoroughly once or twice and even did rote learning (at least once), closed eyes then thought about that line by line/word by word (more than once) and then wrote it more than once till perfection. You may ask: how does that help? While we read and even did rote learning (specially subjects like English, Hindi, Bengali, SS and other humanities subjects) and then tried to fathom it out how much did I remember and the gaps in understanding or even remembering. Finally we wrote it on paper in the form of question /answers, we perfected it and results were very good. While writing in exam, I used to feel that my copies are floating open in front of my eyes. Well, for science, whatever we read (more than twice/thrice), did chintan/manan for couple of times and wrote them to absolute perfection. For Mathematics, we started with pen and solve each and every chapter thoroughly (specially those numerical which seemed to be more important, repeatedly till we could write the answer upto three decimals flawlessly).

All the best!

Col Sen recommends the following next steps:

• Meditate every day twice: morning and evening (20 minutes each), it will help you in many ways: increases memory power, reduce stress and anxiety and makes you more confident. For meditation, just seat erect and comfortably, close eyes and do deep breathing....let your mind wander......don't resist any thought that comes to your mind ....it will settle down slowly...continue with deep breathing.... and if you have time take Basic/Happiness/YES Course from Art of Living from nearby center/teacher.
  • Close the gap, if there is any, in terms of understanding, without that you will miss out/get confused while answering.
  • Read, Think and then Write: once, twice and thrice respectively.
Your answer is great Col Sen, thanks so much for sharing your expertise! At this moment there are more than 800 unanswered questions so I wanted to encourage you to keep going! So many students will benefit tremendously from hearing from you. Keep up the great work! Jordan Rivera COACH
Thank you, Jordan! you people at Career village are doing a great job! Brought many of us to this platform to share and guide our younger generation for a better world tomorrow. Col Sen MP, Ph.D
1

0

The best way to score high on the test is to Google search an online program or book that will help you study. Once you find an online lesson plan for success you can use it as a road map for studying. Otherwise, find a book to help you study and spend 45 mins a night reading through it and studying. Depending on when you test is, the first thing you will want to do is organize a studying schedule for yourself. Target studying certain sections of the test and divide them up by the weeks/months you have until you have to take it.

0