Where (other than California) would I be able to find good, tangible work as an animator?

6

I want to pursue animation as a possible career in the future and I'm wondering where I need to go to find a good job once I'm done with college. Where would I even start as well? I've heard of legendary cartoonists jump starting their career by merely having a good idea to pitch and a talent for animation but I have no clue who I'd pitch an idea to nor where I should be looking. #artist #career #college #animation #art #job

6

Daria’s Answer

0
If you're looking for places outside of California, places abroad like Vancouver, London, France, and Japan have a huge animation scene, depending on what you're going for. There are still places that will allow artists to pitch, like The Frederator in Los Angeles, but since the industry's grown so much, it's become harder to enter the industry through that route. However, if that's what you want to do, keep putting yourself out there, and keep your portfolio prepared for new opportunities!
Daria is on spot! It's a challenge but then why not a challenge? Take it,!!! Follow your heart and you'll gain wisdom. Go for it. Subscribe to my blog and I'll connect you with animators and artists that can help you. www.reelactorsrealanswers.com David Thompson Translate
Awesome answer!! David Thompson Translate
0

Judith’s Answer

0
The possibility of working remotely is tangible in almost any field today. You could stay situated where you wish and collaborate with colleagues through tech. Housing could then be more affordable and promote a greater quality of life. You could apply to a suitable position and negotiate for a remote location as part of your contract. Employers in CA realize this could promote quality employees and enhance their production.
0

Katie’s Answer

0
Hi Haley,

Blue Sky (Fox's animation studio) is based in Connecticut, on the boarder with New York.

Montreal has a big video game and visual effects scene with a ton of companies. While video game and visual effects animation is different from traditional feature film or TV animation, it's a great career path and uses the same skill sets.
0

Donna’s Answer

0
Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida are both homes to various production companies including Nickelodeon and Disney. Search internships in animation for opportunities in this area. There are also advertising companies/website developers/ and other online products that look for animators across the country.
0

Lesley’s Answer

0
There's also animation jobs in Austin, TX! It's very much booming with tech and animation work.

New York, Seattle, there's scenes in many major cities outside of California.
0