what job is best for me?

2

i am a harder worker who focus on the task at hand. I like to help people with there problems I'm always keeping a smile on somebody's face and I am good with people. #communication #social-work

2

Kelsey’s Answer

0
3 years out of college and I still struggle with this question. I find it helps to ask yourself "What do I NOT want to do?". That can help narrow it down.

It's also important to think about what you value outside of the day to day tasks. Do you want to have the option to work from home some days? Well then, nursing probably isn't the career for you. Do you need human interaction or do you prefer to work alone. Is an office with snacks and coffees important to you? All things to consider.

If you think you have some idea of what you want to do I suggest looking at job descriptions/postings for those types of jobs to learn what your day to day would look like. From there you can reach out to people on LinkedIn who are currently working in that role. You can fill them in on your situation and see if they have any advice for someone who is looking to get into that field. I think you'll find people are more than willing to help if you take the first step in asking.

But if you like helping people you could check to see if any local non-profits have any openings or maybe a front desk person at a hospital?

Hope that helps!
0

Rod’s Answer

0
There are tests you can take that will help show your strengths, interests and related careers. You should go to your schools counseling office and ask to take the asvab test or something similar. You can also check a local library or online for similar tests. That is just one way to get more information that can help narrow down career fields that might be suited for you.
0