What's the hardest thing you've ever done with CST?

12

I'm entering the Computer Service Tech career path, and I'm wondering what the biggest challenge others in that field have had to overcome #computer-science #computer #technology #computer-software

12

Raphael’s Answer

1
From my experience the biggest challenge is staying up to date with new technology as it changes at very fast rate. If you enjoy continuous learning and figuring things out you will find this very rewarding.
Alright! Thanks for the response, I sure do enjoy figuring things out. DJ R.
1

0
Great choice I started in the industry as Computer Service Tech. Now I look after vast global computer projects and services. The hardest and most challenging aspect of my job is working projects for all those different countries and global logistics. I also suggest learning project management and obtaining your PMI-PMP Certification.
0

0
0

Sushma’s Answer

0
Adapting to the change and catching up to the latest technologies and services is kind of tricky but its not a major challenge that you cannot overcome. For me the most challenging is to adapt to the people and teams you work with. When you are not very satisfied with the members in your team or your management and you have difference in opinions then it will be quite challenging to work if any organization.
0

Parshwajyoti’s Answer

0
Welcome to the world of computer technology.Computer science itself has a wide range of skills and you need to master in one or multiple skills for a successful career path.For instance,you can take the role of software developers ,network engineers,database developers,database administrators,automation engineer,security professionals,cloud developers etc.All these role's requires different skills.Based on the interest,you can pick any of the roles.

Once you get your interest ,the most important thing is to continously learn the new technologies and keep upgrading yourself that is the only way to sustain in the world of computer technology.
0

Rebecca’s Answer

0
Congratulations! Computer Technology is an interesting industry. Echoing all previous response, the biggest challenges and also the most interesting part of this industry is the emerges new technology. This emerging rate becomes faster and faster now. As practitioner in the industry, you may need to pick up the new technologies in timely manner and practice it. You have to keep yourself up to date all the time.
0

Edmond’s Answer

0
Having good communication and people skills and not taking things personally are the biggest challenges.
I'll echo Raphael 's "continuous learning and figuring things out" as well.

I'll echo both Raphael and Edmond in that it requires a passion for constant learning, re-learning, and updating the tech knowledge. Dave Blythe
0

Adam’s Answer

0
The hardest problem I've ever had to solve in a computer technology project is getting a group of people to work together effectively. Building consensus amongst a large group, deciding who will build what, creating the culture you want, and delivering something the customer will actually get benefit from is so so so hard.

Once you've worked in the industry long enough, I'm sure you'll discover the same. To that end, when you're ready, start building your skills to work with people, to empathise, and to understand how work flows through the system.

Once you've figured out how to navigate the above, the technology side of things will look easy :)
0

Marco’s Answer

0
Hi DJ R.,

I hope you are well! Technical knowledge is undoubtedly important, but in my experience it is important to develop business skills in such a way that eventually you decide if you want to work for a company or be an entrepreneur. I recommend some books that can be useful such as The E-Myth.

On the other hand, with the proliferation of use cases and technology, it will be relevant to decide one or two options or routes to develop your career with a specialization approach. This is what the market requires today.

I hope the advice is helpful and I wish you the best of success.

Marco

Marco recommends the following next steps:

• Read books related to business such as E-Myth, Rich Dad poor Dad, Startup Life, Startup CEO, The Lean Startup, Street Smarts, Made to Stick
  • Define one or two fields of specialization
0