How to be unique to stand out in med admissions?

I would say be yourself other people tend to pretend to be people there not :) show then who you really are and show then what you know Marie E.

4

Before worrying about standing out make sure you have the basics: high GPA and MCAT scores.

Once you have those covered, try to find opportunities to pursue research. Volunteer at your local hospital or low-income clinic. Ask physicians, PAs or other clinical providers if you can shadow them.

1

Miguel’s Answer

Hello,

I'm currently applying to medical school and all I can recommend is to maintain a cumulative and science GPA above a 3.5 and do good on your MCAT. Also, make you that you do extracurricular activities that are related to the healthcare field such as volunteering at your local hospital, shadowing a physician and last but not least, undergraduate research. These are all components that will make you stand out when you are applying to medical school and will make you a stronger candidate!

Best of luck,

Miguel

0

Estelle’s Answer

Great grades in college
strong MCAT score
Interesting personal statements
Good letters of recommendation
plenty of shadowing and volunteer experiences

0

Philomena’s Answer

First make sure you your grades are good to qualify you into med school. Then do more research about med school interviews, questions that are asked and how to answer them without offending the panel, also dress how you want to be addressed. Do more volunteer work in the health field like joining the red cross society and others.

0

Blake’s Answer

Hey Jeff,

I would recommend volunteering.

Thanks,
Blake

0