When studying Chemical Engineering in a university, do you have to choose the type of job you want to have?

2

I was told that you can go into many different jobs, such as one that focuses on petrochemicals, or even one that focusing on testing soda products. I do not understand if you are taught how to work with all lines of work involving chemical engineering, or if you have to choose between them. #engineering #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer

2

Estelle’s Answer

0
What you are going to find when you graduate is that there are a limited number of companies that you will apply to , a limited number of companies that you will interview with and a very limited companies 2 to 4 that will offer you a job. So I would try to learn as much as I could about chemical engineering and also learn how to speak and present yourself. I believe that eventually we all find the right job that we were intended for. Your focus is to make the best grades and graduate top of class. The rest will take care of itself.
0

Gordon’s Answer

0

No, you do not have to chose a job, but get a degree which is flexible for what you like to do, in my case mechanical engineering, and production. My life long hobby (even today at 65) is building model airplanes (static and dynamic), model flying rockets. With a chemical engineering degree start in basic like testing soda, then as you gain experience, move onto something more interesting, even in the new green technology:)

0