How can I be a musician?

9

I also love music and sometimes i just wished that i'd put all my real life experiences into a song which the world can listen to and i believe that many people can relate and be courageous.I love #photography and #music.

9

Suzanne’s Answer

0
Hi Ishmeal,

I believe you are asking how you might become a professional musician. The Arts traditionally attract talented people who are very passionate about what they do. It is also a highly competitive field if you wish to become a highly recognized musician. Your question I believe is also saying that you would like to be able to express yourself and be recognized in songwriting.

So, if you are serious, you must study. Very rarely does a musician sit down at the piano or guitar, spontaneously compose a piece, and have it heard worldwide. The only person that comes to mind to me is Mozart. And he was trained by his father at a very young age.

There are many career opportunities for musicians besides composing and performance. So I want to give you some references which will be the end of my answer. I do suggest exploring a bachelor's of music or arts degree.

My recommendation is that you make a notebook of your thoughts, feelings, poems, essays which will serve as material for future songwritng. You can also make lists of music schools/programs that might be of interest. I suggest starting with learning how to read music (if you don't) and also learning about music theory. I will also include some references.

Great musicians practice. And practice again. And practice some more. If you are serious, don't be surprised if practicing becomes a full-time job which takes place in between work to earn money.

Best luck to you as you express yourself through Art. It is an awesome journey.

Sue

Suzanne recommends the following next steps:

• Learn to read music for free: https://soundfly.com/courses/how-to-read-music
  • Basic Music Theory: https://www.earmaster.com/music-theory-online/course-introduction.html
  • Career opportunities for musicians: https://majoringinmusic.com/what-can-you-do-with-a-music-degree/
  • How to express yourself through song: https://www.musical-u.com/learn/songwriting-tips/
  • How to become a professional musician: https://tomhess.net/articles/HowToBecomeAProfessionalPart1.aspx
0

vi’s Answer

0
Hi Ishmeal,

It is not enough for a musician to play a musical instrument every day. starting a music career from now on is a major turning point for most people. Fisrt of all a music career is more than just an interest, a skill, or a talent. If you want to be a musician, you must master the necessary musical skills, then start a lot of practice, then start to make your favorite own music.

1.Choose an instrument you are interested in. If you don’t have any specific ideas, you can start with a piano, violin, or guitar. Because these instruments are the easiest to find a teacher, you can quickly learn some basic performance skills of the instrument

2.If you want to play classical music and become a classical master, it is best to pick an instrument from the category of classical string music, such as woodwind, brass, or percussion

3.If you want to write your own songs and work on the road of popular music, it is best to start with guitar, bass, piano, drum kit. It is good to be able to go to a professional place for classes, but many popular musicians and folk musicians are self-taught, through tutorials, online video.

In conclusion ,Don't give up music because some people will critique
you, you should never give up music. It is normal to feel depressed. This is a part of learning. Remember to practice, practice, practice. Practice will make you success.

GOOD LUCK! :)
0

Katherine’s Answer

0
HI~
I think you can :
1. Can listen to all kinds of music
2. Study the characteristics of different types of music
0

Siva’s Answer

0
Great to hear that.

Let me project this way.
1. Find out your strong points. Like song writing ? singing ? playing instrument ?
2. Now concentrate on your strong points with priority, may be you might be liking song writing more. Try out that.
3. Use any social media platform. Preferably, YouTube or Insta that makes you to identify your strong and weak points where you can work on it more. If possible take professional course.
4. Expand your professional connections which helps you.
0

Aubrey’s Answer

0
Hello Ishmael! This is a great question to ask.

It sounds like you have a lot of ideas stirring in your head, my first recommendation is to write down your experiences. You can become a strong song writer and share those experiences with the world! Someone in my family is a musician and had that desire at a very young age to become a musician and never gave up despite the hardships that come with pursing a career in music.

Along with writing the songs down start to learn different instruments, if you don't already know them the more you know the more diverse you can become with your music.

Rejection is bound to happen with a music career as well so be prepared for that and be confident in the music you create. You have a voice and experiences and its up to you to share those with whoever is willing to listen.

0

Riley’s Answer

0
I think the first step here is to start taking either voice lessons or lessons in an instrument of your choice. By finding someone near you who can teach you the ways of this industry and help you develop your skills, you will definitely be on the right path. As for now, keep practicing writing your music and performing it maybe in front of family or friends. The more popular your music becomes at home, the higher your chances of being discovered will be.
0

Blake’s Answer

0
Hey Ishmeal,

What do you want to do in music? Are you thinking as a solo musician, or an orchestra? If it's an orchestra, then they have auditions that you could try out for.

Thanks,
Blake
0

Ariana’s Answer

0
Hi Ishmael,

Good for you on exploring your passions and doing what you love! I completely agree with what has been said so far. The great thing is that there are so many resources virtually to connect with online. Keep networking, researching opportunities, and exploring! Stay positive, and take advantage of any performance or audition opportunity that goes your way! Dream big!
0

Sylvia’s Answer

0
I am so happy to listen that.
Actually,I am also really like music and listening.I once have give up to find what role I want to be, I was regret .I hope you can insist your dream . Do more things what you can do, like join some music competition, writing the song for your feelings or your emotion.Do every thing what you want to do ,just be happy and have some fun ,every thing will get better!
0