I believe you are asking how you might become a professional musician. The Arts traditionally attract talented people who are very passionate about what they do. It is also a highly competitive field if you wish to become a highly recognized musician. Your question I believe is also saying that you would like to be able to express yourself and be recognized in songwriting.
So, if you are serious, you must study. Very rarely does a musician sit down at the piano or guitar, spontaneously compose a piece, and have it heard worldwide. The only person that comes to mind to me is Mozart. And he was trained by his father at a very young age.
There are many career opportunities for musicians besides composing and performance. So I want to give you some references which will be the end of my answer. I do suggest exploring a bachelor's of music or arts degree.
My recommendation is that you make a notebook of your thoughts, feelings, poems, essays which will serve as material for future songwritng. You can also make lists of music schools/programs that might be of interest. I suggest starting with learning how to read music (if you don't) and also learning about music theory. I will also include some references.
Great musicians practice. And practice again. And practice some more. If you are serious, don't be surprised if practicing becomes a full-time job which takes place in between work to earn money.
Best luck to you as you express yourself through Art. It is an awesome journey.
Suzanne recommends the following next steps:
- Learn to read music for free: https://soundfly.com/courses/how-to-read-music
- Basic Music Theory: https://www.earmaster.com/music-theory-online/course-introduction.html
- Career opportunities for musicians: https://majoringinmusic.com/what-can-you-do-with-a-music-degree/
- How to express yourself through song: https://www.musical-u.com/learn/songwriting-tips/
- How to become a professional musician: https://tomhess.net/articles/HowToBecomeAProfessionalPart1.aspx