Will transferring during undergrad ruin my chances of getting into med school?

2

Currently I am at a public university and I'm not doing very well, mainly because the class sizes are so big and I feel like I'm bothering the professor if I go to office hours with questions. So, I'm transferring to a private school because I think I'll be a better student. Is this going to be a problem trying to get into medical school or will they not care and just see that my grades went up? #college #medicine #healthcare #pre-med #medical-school #medical-education #college-transfer

2

0
They will not frown upon transfer students. You will need to get good grades in college in order to apply for medical school. At the medical school I attended, the average GPA is reported to be 3.85, so even one or two B's can hurt your chances of acceptance.
0

Aaron A.’s Answer

0
Medical schools want to see well rounded applicants. Your GPA needs to be above a 3.6, and your MCAT needs to be above a 30. If either one of these are lower than those cut offs, you better have a ton of volunteering or very good reasons as to why your grades and MCAT are not good. My GPA was 3.78 but my MCAT was a 29. It made it difficult to get interviews but my time in the Army made a huge difference to the schools that interviewed me.
0