How did you gain your connections for careers after you graduated?

Asked Carson, California

I know the job market can be tough, so I just wanted to know how you secured connections to find good jobs after receiving your degree? #graduate #careers #job-market #connections

Nicole’s Answer

Updated California, California

A few different ways - first, in college, I got very involved in my major and my sorority. Both created friendships and mentors that would put me in touch with people that could help get me a job. My first job though was from telling my family members what I was looking for - be specific to find the right job for you - and one of my cousins worked for a company that had an entry level production position. I interviewed and got that first job. Early on then, everyone I met in the gaming industry, I got their business card or connected with them on LinkedIn which helped for future job opportunities. You have to be willing to introduce yourself to strangers or friends-of-friends to open the next door.

Thank you so much!

Janet’s Answer

Updated Williston Park, New York

Create a Linked-In account. Add your experiences and send out invitations to those that are in a field of your interest. This will allow you to gain knowledge of the companies and their open jobs sites.