9

What does success look like in your position?

I want to learn about what success looks like in different roles

9

1

Sam’s Answer

Obviously, compensation is what defines success for a lot of people. For me, it also boils down to whether I can share ideas, make recommendations, be given the space to learn from failure and work collaboratively in a group.
1
0

Danielle’s Answer

Success in my position is defined by executing tasks properly and on time, using my work to provide value to the company, and learning from mistakes and improving upon them moving forward.
0
0

Matthew’s Answer

Success is largely centered around building relationships, generating meaningful insights, and creating momentum/change with the insights put forward. Ultimately, helping the organization achieve it's strategic objectives and look forward for what's to come.
0
0

Rajeev’s Answer

For me success is all about, enjoying my work, challenging myself with new things, keep learning and at end of day having a peace of mind.
0
0

Cathy’s Answer

Jessica, what a wonderful question. If I were to substitute "happiness" for "success", would you expect the answer to be different or the same?
For me, success is being happy in my profession. That means I get to do what I love to do 80% or more of the time, and that I am making a difference in the lives of my customers and colleagues. Different people value different things and define success differently. There is a very helpful book entitled "Do What You Are" by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron and Kelly Tiefer. It will help you discover what's important to you in a career by exploring Personality Type. Enjoy!
0
0

Steve’s Answer

Success in the Supply Chain / Procurement world would include loving the role, being amazing at the role and being allowed to showcase expertise in delivering substantial value back to the firm.

Key areas of consideration include creating a detailed Procurement Category Strategy approved by my peers, stakeholders and leadership team. Creating a solid plan which improves buying efficiency, lowers goods/services cost, reduces risk to the firm and delivers savings are all very rewarding to me.
0
0

Theodore’s Answer

The answer to this question largely depends on your personal goals but for me its all about making an impact on the project I'm on. You can put a lot of time into a project, but if no one is positively impacted by it then I don't feel like my work is particularly rewarding.

As I said, success is largely dependent on what you personally value so I would suggest you think about what makes you happy when you're working on a project or at a job.
0
0

Steve’s Answer

0
0

Sonia’s Answer

This is a great question!!

I agree with lots of the answers that you have here....

For me one of the most important lessons that I have learnt it what success doesn't look like.... And that includes doing everything to perfection and working so hard that you neglect other important aspects of your life.

Success is about balance and growth. With both of these factors my position feels awesome. If I lose either of these it doesn't feel great.
0
0

Kavita’s Answer

Success in my position is about being adaptable and facing challenges. For me, its all about making an impact and adding value to the project that I'm working on. Coming up with ideas and solutions that are not only cost-effective to the company but also enhances the readability of the product documentation and helps customer avail the right information at the right time is key.
0
0

Shelby’s Answer

I love so many of the answers on this thread, but I thought I'd include mine as well. As someone going into education, success is when I see my students progress from being hesitant and hateful towards math, to feeling confident and proud of their work. I don't need to see them loving math. But when I see them hit that point of realization, I feel extremely fulfilled. Furthermore, if students come back to me after graduation and tell me that I was helpful in their educational journey, then I'll know that I am doing the right thing as an educator. Hope this provides a new perspective!
0