CORNELL UNIVERSITY • https://www.cornell.edu
Composed of 14 colleges and schools, Cornell offers over 4,000 courses in a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional study areas. The College of Engineering houses departments in applied and engineering physics, Earth and atmospheric sciences, electrical and computer engineering, and systems engineering, among others. Undergraduate majors include civil engineering, environmental engineering, and mechanical engineering. Graduate students can find such degree options as a Master of Science (M.S.) in Geological Sciences, a Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Computer Science, and a Ph.D. in Operations Research.
• ADMISSIONS – Prospective first-year students should plan to submit their applications to Cornell University by January 2nd of the year in which they would like to begin the Fall term. Decisions are typically sent in early April, along with financial aid awards. Early decisions are also available with a November 1st application deadline and mid-December decision timetable.
• ENGINEERING DEGEE PROGRAMS – 62
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY • https://www.columbia.edu
Your first year and sophomore classes are the gateway to your mastery of engineering. In your first year, you will be exposed to the depth and breadth of the various fields to prepare you to choose your concentration in your sophomore year. In your junior year, you will lay the groundwork for your future as an engineer. Your classes will begin to target specific sub-disciplines in engineering and computer science to help you clarify your path. In your senior year, you'll broaden and deepen your skills and research experience and apply what you've learned to a capstone project.
• ADMISSIONS – Undergraduate tuition and fees for 2020-2021 has been set at $31,440 per semester (Fall and Spring) or $62,880 for the full academic year. To enhance the experience of attending Columbia in this unprecedented academic year, Columbia Engineering students who enroll in both fall and spring will also be able to take classes for a third term, Summer 2021, for up to a total credit limit of 40 credits at no additional tuition charge.
• ENGINEERING DEGEE PROGRAMS – 56
RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE • https://www.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic InstituteI offers more than 145 programs, including numerous interdisciplinary programs, through five schools. It also has a smaller campus in Hartford, CT, and a site in Groton, CT. Its research agenda focuses on five areas, including computation and information technology, nanotechnology and biotechnology, and is supported by numerous research centers. Undergraduates can participate in this research agenda through the institution's Undergraduate Research Program.
• ADMISSIONS – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute considers applicants for early decision; the first early decision deadline for candidates for the class of 2021 is November 1, 2020, with a response by December 14, 2020. The second early decision deadline is December 15, 2020, with a response by January 18, 2021. The regular decision deadline is January 15, 2021, with a response by March 9, 2021. Completed applications must include an essay, a letter of recommendation, school reports and standardized test scores. Applicants to the electronic arts and architecture programs are required to submit a portfolio, while applicants to the games and simulation arts and sciences program are encouraged to submit one. The institution accepts qualifying scores on some Advanced Placement (AP) tests for credit or advanced standing.
• ENGINEERING DEGEE PROGRAMS – 52
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY • https://www.rit.edu
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), founded in 1829, is a private school located about six miles outside of downtown Rochester, NY. In addition to the 1,300-acre main campus, the school also has international facilities in Dubai and Eastern Europe. Nearly 18,000 students were enrolled as of Fall 2021, with the majority in undergraduate studies. RIT has nine colleges with more than 200 academic programs culminating in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Many courses of study are offered virtually through one of the largest online learning programs in the nation.
• ADMISSIONS – Prospective RIT students may print and mail an application or apply online via the Common Application and the school's supplemental form. Required application materials include a high school transcript and mid-year report, school counselor recommendation, SAT or ACT scores sent from the testing agency and a $60 non-refundable fee. For the 2021-2022 academic year, about 15,800 students applied for admission, and 59% of those students were admitted. Only 29% of admitted applicants actually enrolled at Rochester Institute of Technology.
• ENGINEERING DEGEE PROGRAMS – 49
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY • https://www.nyu.edu
New York University (NYU) was founded in 1831 and is now among the largest private not-for-profit universities in the United States. NYU's main campus is located in Manhattan and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and certificate programs, while NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai only offer undergraduate degree programs. U.S News & World Report ranked NYU at 33 in its 2020 list of best national colleges. NYU is a member of the Association of American Universities.
• ADMISSIONS – Applications can be submitted online through NYU's website. Applicants must submit a common application and the NYU Supplement. For freshmen applicants, NYU has two rounds of early decision deadlines: November 1st for the first round and January 1st for the second round. The regular decision deadline is January 1st. NYU accepts AP credit and IB credit.
• ENGINEERING DEGEE PROGRAMS – 47
Hope this was Helpful Angelica.