What does a typical day look like for a M.D. that is in their residency in the field of radiology?

2

Im currently a senior in high school and plan to follow a pre med track next year when I begin my undergraduate studies. After med school I plan to take part in a radiology residency program. #doctor #physician #radiology #radiologist #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

2

s’s Answer

0
My residency was decades ago, before the advent of CT, MRI and PET scanning. Things are different now. But they may be different for you than they are now, radiology is advancing so rapidly technology-wise.
I will describe how it was when I was a resident.
I spent a little over 3 years in the program.
We rotated through various disciplines: GI (gastrointestinal), cardiovascular, chest (chest x-rays, would now include chest CT scans), pediatrics, mammography, bones, etc.
You would spend your entire day in one particular field of endeavor.
I imagine residency programs are somewhat similar now in that regard.
But add CT and MRI (including MRI of the breast) and PET scanning.
Also interventional radiology.
I think most radiology residency programs are now 4 years.
0

Kortnee’s Answer

0

Hello, Vanden!

I recommend you connect with a Radiologist in the field to learn more about their day-to-day responsibilities.

Best of luck with your education, professional, and personal endeavors!

Best regards,

Kortnee B.

Kortnee recommends the following next steps:

• Meet with a Career Advisor at your institution to discuss internship opportunities in your field of interest.
  • Meet with a Faculty Advisor in your field of interests to learn about the every day role for Radiologist.
0