What is the highest paying job I can get in the US air force that does not require a collage degree.

I am planning on completing JROTC, graduating high school, and joining the us air force, however, I do not want to go through collage. #military #air-force

Hello, I was once in your position. Best you could do is enlist with those qualification. That would allow you to get E-1 they E-3 depending on several factors. Very little money and a lot of work. Thereafter you could work your way to Chief (E-9) which is still not that much money overall and it would take you likely twenty years or more. Additional, to obtain this position you would eventually have to complete some college. Alternatively, you could take debt or do whatever is necessary, get a bachelors degree online or in person, and apply for a commission to the Air Force. Starting off you would make as much as an E-6. Pay quickly jumps up from there. Bottom line, and this is an old saying, no one gets rich in the military. My advise, don’t Enlist. D S.

4

According to the Air Force website, you can possibly enter the service as an E2 or E3 if you have JROTC. You need to speak to a local recruiter for specifics. Here is a chart for current pay for different ranks. You want to look at the E - enlisted chart, and corresponding years of service.
https://militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/3/Documents/ActiveDutyTables/2020%20Military%20Basic%20Pay%20Table.pdf

The military has all sorts of specialty pays, that I don't know enough about. This includes special pay for being in a combat zone, for example. I don't know how many of these they actively use. I have heard of special enlistment bonuses, reenlistment bonuses, etc. Please discuss with a recruiter. https://militarypay.defense.gov/Pay/Special-and-Incentive-Pays/Index/

You will also want to talk to the different branches of the service. Depending on the career field you are entering, there could be some nice bonuses. You want to compare between the different branches, and do what is best for you!

A word of caution about the military and money. Being young, and away from home, with nothing to do, can easily consume all your money. Please try to learn money management skills, including possibly putting aside $200 or so directly from your paycheck to a savings program. If you have hobbies, such as going to the gym, or are taking college courses, it is less expensive than partying all the time. Enjoy life, but have something to show for it as well!

Kim

1

James’s Answer

Matthew College is not for everyone and I know a lot of people who have had very successful careers without attending or graduation from college. I would go on the US Air Force website to surf around the page and check out what divisions they have. You will be able to work your way through the ranks and earn a good living. Also keep in kind the many great perks that come with being part of the United States Air Force. Medical, Pensions, Jobs lined up for after you retire from the Air Force if you want to keep working etc... Thank you for your future service and for keeping us safe!

0

Hassan’s Answer

Another way to look at it is that on average enlisted persons earn only half of what commissioned officers earn. So over a 20y career that would be at least $500,000. I'm sure the retirement pay difference would be similar so that could easily become over $1 million over a lifetime.

Off course this doesn't take into account if it's any easier to move up the enlisted ranks vs. officers but an E7 makes about what an O-1 makes.

Also, since there are incentives for college in the Military it may be a good option to pursue a degree while serving.

0

Rachit (Richi)’s Answer

As per Military.com & Huffington Post:

Air Traffic Controller – Air traffic controllers have a tough job. Managing the comings and goings of enormous, expensive planes with thousands of passengers each day is not a task to be taken lightly. Fortunately, some military experience will allow veterans to bypass the air traffic management degree, so if you're considering this career path, check to see if you qualify to bypass this requirement.

Average Salary: $108,040

this has nothing to do with my question mathew R.

Mathew, I think Rachit gave you some good advice! You asked about high paying jobs in the air force that don't require a college degree. According to this answer, Air Traffic Controller might be for you (depending on if you can bypass the degree requirements) Gurpreet Lally

0