Can you make a good living being a flight attendant?

I want to buy a big house and a nice car airline-industry flight-attendant

3
Pros
3
0

Jeffrey’s Answer

Best of the Village

Becoming a flight attendant is a 24/7 career. I would say, at this point, it is ok to say you want to be a flight attendant to buy a nice home and car. As with any job the nice home and car will become a reality the longer you are employeed with the company, or airline, who hires you. I dedicated my career to Delta Airlines and I was rewarded many times over for giving 120% to Delta Airlines. I worked very hard to gain a trusted reputation and over the years Delta Airlines assisted in my graduating with a BBA, I do live in a lovely home and drive a Mercedes and a cute VW convertible ( paid off.) Please make sure you want to become a flight attendant for all the right reasons. In the beginning stages as a flight attendant you will work long hours, you will be on call, you will be away from home for two and three days at a time and the flying hours per day can be long. Also, fight cancelations, weather delays, no - show factors and upset passengers on board. Do as much research on becoming a flight attendant as possible, Books - A - Million has a section devoted to becoming a flight attendant. If you are in school, or perhaps not, learn a second language because most airlines hire flight attendants who speak two languages. Focus on your career and the beautiful home and car will come along down the line. Be t he best you can be and if becoming a flight attendant is your dream career than I say " Good luck and always remember that safety is the number one goal of any flight attendant, also, be yourself! "

0

Aftab’s Answer

Thanks for reaching out to me and i cannot be more happy as I try to guide younger people like yourself.
In my own experience, I found the Flight crew member career very rewarding. The flying career provides you a unique chance to meet different people from different cultures, open up your mind, personal growth opportunities, visit different countries and stay at good hotels on company's expense and learn discipline in life and fly with different crew members each time.
Apart from personal development, you end up making good money as you move up in seniority.
While I stayed at flight deck for all these years but I did see so many young people join airline as stewards and stewardesses and grow confident in their work and serve and manage the traveling passengers in the aircraft cabin.
Minimum education level is perhaps tenth grade but your spoken language skills should be out standing and should have an attractive personality. The job will require you to show up for duty in timely fashion regardless of the day or night hours and stay in good health. You should have leadership skills to do well in this job. Good luck.

0

J J’s Answer

No ,
Suppose to be a part time/Short time job

0