I'm not sure what majors I should take. It's between finance and economics or finance and marketing.

I don't know which two would be better suited together and in the job field.

#finance #economics #marketing #career

5

Ethan’s Answer

Great question Keshari, ultimately you can’t go wrong either way. Finance is a great option these days with everything that is going on with our economy. Out of Economics and Marketing it would really depend on what you want to do as a career. I feel that Marketing might be a broader range of careers for you overall. With the booming about of social media marketing needed right now with CO-VID, that might be somewhere to start! Good luck with everything and hopefully this helps!

-Ethan

Thank you! Keshari P.

1

Yanwen (Yvonne)’s Answer

The decision ultimately will be dependent on your interest and career aspiration. The input I can provide is the difference among these choices. Based on my understanding, Economics is the mother principle and belong to social science category. Finance and Marketing are business school majors with different focus. I'd say Economics could be the foundation for the other two.

Thank you! Keshari P.

1

Simeon’s Answer

Finance and Marketing is the better combination in my part of the world. There are a lot of marketing specific jobs that require a background in marketing. You can't even teach marketing to high schoolers here without years of experience in marketing. Plus, it'll prepare you for a modern job market while economic theory will mostly give concepts from past generations on why the economy operates the way it does. Marketing is a more practical field. So, unless you're looking into economics as a career, I would just glean the benefits of economic knowledge while having marketing as your explicit degree. I can't actually think of where you would use an economics degree outside of working for the government and assisting with their monetary policy. That's not to say the knowledge itself isn't important; just that there's no unique advantage to that major.

That definitely makes sense, thank you! Keshari P.

0

Rajiv’s Answer

Hi Keshari,

Difficult to answer the question but think about what would be your dream first job? Based on your career aspirations you can decide which majors to consider. Lot of people from different disciplines transition into marketing if that is what you want to do. Finance with any of the those two options are good.

All the best

Rajiv.

Thank you! Keshari P.

0