how much do u make as a football coach

That when I want to grow up i want to be a coach or a engineering person coach sports-management professional-sports technology

4

Joe’s Answer

The biggest thing to keep in mind: When you start a coaching career, you often start as a grad assistant or you basically work for free to simply get your foot in the door. It is a very competitive industry, and much of it is marked by nepotism and ruled by relationships and previous connections.

Hi Joe! Do you have anything to add of how the student can potentially overcome these challenges? I think they would also benefit from hearing how they could succeed in a coaching career (even if it is competitive and somewhat difficult to get your foot in the door) Alexandra C., CareerVillage.org Team

0

Doan’s Answer

Average salaries for football coaches vary by level:

High school coaches average $44,000 per year

College coaches average $37,756 per year in NCAA lower divisions and go higher in upper divisions. High-end coaches for nationally ranked teams make over $400,000 per year.

Professional coaches make between $4,000,000 and $12,000,000 per year.

0

Robert’s Answer

Hi Talha,

It really depends on what level of football you are talking about as it ranges greatly. I can tell you a head football coach for a high school team can be around $10K but it depends on where you live and the size of the school your work in. But i believe in most cases it is not a full time job. College coaches and NFL coaches are a whole other story, as they can make Millions.....
0

Talha’s Answer

I would say around $150,000 in a training squad.

Hi Talha! Thanks for your answer. Is this for pro leagues? College? The student didn’t give specifics but I was just wondering specifically what kind of position would make this number. Thanks!! Alexandra Carpenter, CareerVillage.org Team

0