How to know which career is best for me? Is career test really help full

5

Tiffanie’s Answer

Hi Navya,

I am 35 years old and only 5 years ago found a job that was really something I wanted to continue. You should find something you enjoy and if it’s not exactly what you want in a career learn all that you can while you are there and continuing finding your path. Many jobs I’ve held taught me a lot of valuable information and skills to get me where I am now. I’ve enjoyed all my jobs even if they weren’t what I wanted to do forever.

I recommend networking with all of your colleagues at your job and learning about what they do, maybe you’ll find what really excites you. You can also intern or volunteer in the field you wish to pursue to find out how you really feel about it.

1

Shengdi’s Answer

Hi Navya,
when you are young, take some time to do some internships, which are great opportunities to discover what you like. while one advice bear in mind, there is no perfect working world. when it comes to working world, it is almost the same, you may not be happy with your boss, the pay, or environment... One suggestion is to change yourself to adjust yourself to different environment given. For an instance, when you have a difficult boss that makes you unhappy, instead of complaining about it, trying to find a way to deal with boss better. and if you don't like the job you are doing, then trying to get more educated, so you will have option of selecting different jobs. Getting yourself more educated can always enable to you pick up jobs you like rather than being picked up by jobs that you may not like.
hope it helps.

0

Mark’s Answer

Hi Navya!!

Tiffanie makes some great points!! You really should find something you enjoy. And Networking is key!! Very valuable.

If you're still in high school, I'd recommend talking with your guidance counselor. There are also personality or career tests you can take to help highlight your strengths, etc. Examples would be the MAPP test or the Holland Code Career test or the Myers-Briggs type.

You might already know what some of your strengths and weaknesses are. Also, what do you enjoy doing? Do you enjoy teaching? Do you understand financing or accounting? Do you enjoy writing and are you good at it? Do you enjoy law or forensics. People who are good in math and science sometimes go into engineering fields. However, math and science are used in many, many careers!

I hope this helps!
Mark

0

Rose Anne’s Answer

Hi Navya,

You would know the best career for you by assessing your strength, things that make you happy and goal in your life. For example, if you really enjoy to travel you can go to as flight attendant or pilot. However, please note that learning what makes you happy and feel at peace is an ongoing process.

0

Samantha’s Answer

Listen to yourself what do you enjoy doing. What are some of your hobbies? What are your likes and dislikes. This will help you find a good career path for you.

0