3

What made you want to become a forensic scientist and what kind?

Hi! I'm looking for a forensic scientist to interview for a career blog assignment.

#science #scientist #forensics

3

0

Ram’s Answer

What made my friend to choose this subject in college, over other mathematical, analytical or science-based courses.

He is always been interested in the police and criminal investigations from being very young – his initial plan was to join the police as an officer. As he progressed through school he also developed a keen interest in science, particularly biology and chemistry. Forensic science, therefore, represented his interest of police/criminal investigation and the biology and chemistry aspects that he enjoyed.
0
0

Dyonne’s Answer

Hi Eunice,

I am not a forensic scientist, but my daughter is one currently. While exploring the many options available in the medical field during high school, she was advised to look into forensics. When she started to find out more about the field and the different specialties, she fell in love. She chose a college undergrad program that offered both a biology and a chemistry focus, which is difficult to find. Many colleges only offer one track. She also minored in statistics which has enhanced her studies and her work. She attended grad school at a top medical college to further her interest in the biology side of forensics. She chose that route as firearms, fingerprinting, and other specialties was not what drew her interest. She is most interested in biology and more specifically DNA. Right after graduation, there were many opportunities available in the forensics field. She has said she loves to "figure out the puzzles". Now she is working for a state public safety department as a DNA specialist.
0