How do I web developer?
Hi my name is Rexford, I’ve been doing web development for 3 years and I want to take it to the next level. #technology #programming #software-engineer #information-technology #it
* Two reference sites I've used for web development is https://w3.org and https://w3schools.com. Understand the breadth of technologies that are available. As what you build matures over time, it's likely that requirements will grow and these other technologies will need to be integrated to help you solve the next set of problems.
* Invest in knowing how to test and automate the things you build. One person building a single web page can change that page really easy. It's a lot harder to change multiple pages/sites with a team of developers and not unintentionally break something. As as a solution becomes more important and complex (which is why there's a team), breaking changes and bugs become more consequential.
* Plan for scale. As what you build becomes more widely use, you need to start considering how it needs to change to as users go from 100 to 1K to 1M. Explore the technologies and best practices for how to support scale, including how you can build your software with managed points for evolution.
If so the next level is working with large projects that you could not have possibly written by yourself. In the real world you have to figure out other peoples code and add whatever feature you want without breaking what already exists. You will get exposure to patterns and structures you never would have it you only work with your own code.
I would do what others have said above and try and work for some company. Better to get paid to learn if you can.
If you are struggling to find a job in the meantime contributing to an open source project you find interesting would be a good way for you to start working with complex systems.
What exactly are you talking about when you say take it to the next level? What type of projects did you work on? What do you mean by doing web development ? on your own, at school, for a company?
Dell Technologies offers internship programs and web interfaces to our various software is something real here. Maybe you can look at the dell website to find more. You can also comment and I will gladly answer if I can. I am not doing web development but I do know we do.
That's great. I would recommend a few things:
1) Finding a web development internship
2) Create a linkedin profile, connect with as many web developers as you can. Ask them if they would be willing to have a quick chat - ask them about how they go to where they are in their career. Advice they have for you. Leads on internships or jobs.
3) Look for a web development class online that you could take to up level your skills.
I hope this helps!