What careers involve science and history?

I'm in high school and I like science and history. I don't really know what career I want to pursue but I am open to everything and I want to learn more about different careers.
career-path career-choice career-paths science

4
Pros
4
0

Leo’s Answer

I'd argue that History itself is a Science. Their methods are somewhat different from other sciences because you can't set up experiments in the past, but the rest of the methodology is (and should be) scientific. So, you should probably consider History itself as a career choice.

Others have already mentioned Archeology, but also consider Anthropology (which is more human-centered), and if you'd like to expand your choices you can also consider Paleontology.
0

Michelle’s Answer

Career options can include environmental sustainability or conservation which is a blend of science and historical reference to land use, water systems, etc. Also, political science as a major can leverage science and history and allow you to go to law school, have a career in government.
0

Kathleen’s Answer

Many folks pursue careers where the law and science overlap. You could be pre-law while majoring in a science-related field in college. For example, if you were a biology major or anatomy/physiology major and then went on to Law School, after graduating and passing the bar, you could go on to be a medical malpractice attorney. Or, many engineering majors who go onto law school become patent attorneys.
0

Bryant’s Answer

I'm not sure if this captures your question, but the simplest example I can think of where Science and History meet is carbon dating. Archaeology is one such field of study that uses various scientific tools: chemical analysis ; AI assisted virtual reconstruction (to name a couple).

0