What are some types of careers that involve investigation?

I am more concerned with careers in the criminal justice field, but any careers would help me make a decision

Question Topics

icon-country-tagsunited-states-of-america

231

4

One comment

Four answers:

Hi Sarah!

It is good that you are interested in investigating and have a curious mind.

A first good application of investigation would be to get more information about what careers might be good for you to consider. Here are some good exercises that will help: https://www.themuse.com/advice/14-free-personality-tests-thatll-help-you-figure-yourself-out

When you get some interesting answers in this investigation, you can do the following to further investigate careers: - talk to your school counselor about participating in coop, intern, shadowing, and volunteer programs that will allow you to investigate the careers to learn what people do, how they got there, and how you feel about it. - talk to the head of alumni relations at your school to arrange to meet and visit graduates of your school who are doing what you think that you want to do so you can learn more - talk to the reference librarian at your local library to learn about professional organizations to which people in those areas belong so that you can mix and mingle and learn more.

Selecting a career is like buying a pair of shoes. They may look great, but you need to try them on and walk in them for a while to determine proper fit and comfort.

Here are some good tips on conducting investigations to get much helpful information and create helpful relationships: http://www.wikihow.com/Network https://www.themuse.com/advice/nonawkward-ways-to-start-and-end-networking-conversations

Please let me know if and how this might help. Keep me posted. I would like to follow your progress. Keep me informed.

There are many field in investigation. I could not name them all but some are as follows: Police detective Police defender investigator District attorney investigator FBI ATF You can hopefully see we're I am going here. Figure out exactly what type of investigation you might like then look into that area and contact agencies that cover those areas of investigations.

I hope I helped some.

Texas: District Attorney's Investigators Child Protective Services Insurance Claims Fraud investigator Bank Fraud investigators Working for any good attorney who handles criminal defense, divorce, insurance, probate, etc Office of the Attorney General Texas Workforce Commission Civil Rights Division Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission

Federal: Postal Service crimes IRS all the cops: DEA, INS, FBI, CIA, etc EEOC

Personal opinion: Child Protective Services has extremely high employee turnover. High burnout, high caseload, short-staffed, long hours...

Depends on what type of investigation you would like to do such as criminal investigation, arson investigators, homicide investigators, just depends on what type of investigation you would like to do. Many employers like to hire people with investigation skills such as fraud investigations, loss prevention investigation just to name a few.

Good luck and the best of choosing the field you want to go in!