What jobs are there that does a lot of coding?

I'm a senior in highschool that is taking AP computer science to learn about coding. career software-engineering

2

Rebecca’s Answer

I am glad to hear that you are interested on coding. In terms of coding, there are many different program languages that may use in different kinds of systems / applications. However, the developers is the career that would do the coding work.
As aforementioned there are different kinds of systems / applications, e.g. web development, phones apps, real time applications, ERP, operating systems, etc. All of these would use different programming languages and platform for the coding.
I would suggest you could choose Computer Science as your major to learn about all the fundamentals and start programming in different languages first. The courses will also give you an overview of different kinds of coding and platforms. You can then decide which areas you would like to focus when you start your careeer.
Hope this works! Good Luck!
0

Greg’s Answer

Software developer/engineer, data scientist, ETL developer, Cloud Engineer are some of the ones that come to mind. Remember, at least in my opinion, coding is probably 20% of your job. Another 20% is in meetings, another 20 - 30% is spent on design/architecture, and then 20% on testing and documentation.
0