How would you recommend I go about getting a job in Hong Kong?

6

Hi everyone, I am a college student currently very interested in working in Hong Kong.
I am using some resources like Linkedin and stuff.
I hear that it is possible to get jobs there even without sufficient Chinese(Cantonese and Mandarin alike).
I'm looking for experiences in areas of: sales, HR, customer relations, and other business areas.
If you have experiences working in Hong Kong or have knowledge about it, please let me know! #jobs #job-search #human-resources #working-abroad #hongkong #sales

6

Victoria’s Answer

0
The parent company to the company I work for has some jobs in Hong Kong: Capgemini, please see link below: https://hk.jobsdb.com/hk/jobs/companies/capgemini-hong-kong-limited/1
0

Mari Carmen’s Answer

0
Hi Danny. There are a lot of international firms in Hong Kong. The speak pretty good English since it was a British Colony. I have been living in Asia in the past and people really like working in Hong Kong. There are also Staffing Companies if you like HR. I think banking and finance is another good option. Maybe they also offer internships. Good luck in your search!
0

Siddharth’s Answer

0
You can find some companies that offer internship packages for international students.
Eg. https://internsinasia.com

You can also go on angel.co and pitch yourself to HK based start-ups. Start-ups are typically cash starved and overworked, they can always use an intern, even if a position is not posted.

In both the above, you might not get paid very well or at all. That said don't give away too much, try to negotiate with whichever company you are dealing with.

0

Luke’s Answer

0
I would definitely try and go through programs at your School. There are a lot of internship programs that partner with companies over there. Great way to get a foot in the door.
0

Kelvin’s Answer

0
For what I know, working in Hong Kong will experience high pressure. But don't worry about the language problem, most of big companies use English as internal language. The easiest job is retail because it will have to meet many foreign customers.
0