8

Where would you go to study? Alone or with friends?

I'm planning to study someplace else other than home because there's so many distractions at my house. #studying

8

1

Jasanpreet Kaur’s Answer

Hi Victory,

This is a great question!

I will tell you how I used it. When you have to study something from the starting or when you have to understand the concepts for the first time: In this case, I would prefer to study alone without any distraction.

Whereas, if I want to revise for the second time what I studied or if I am facing difficulty in understanding any concept which I have tried several times by myself: In this case, I would prefer to go for group study. Make sure you study in the group only in case your friends have clarity of the concept where you are stuck. Don't waste your time if you all are on the same page!

Rest group revision is good when you are explaining the concepts that you have mastered but your friends don't have clarity.

Remember! Always list down the topics which you have prepared and the ones where you need help. It will help you to make a wise decision before going for a group study option.

I hope my answer help!

All the best!

studying methodofstudying
1
0

Divya’s Answer

Hello! I would love to go to the café or the library to study. Personally, I have to study alone because I get really distracted around friends. I also don't like studying in crowded places so I always go somewhere that is nearly empty in order to limit distractions. However, if it something like doing homework together or working on a presentation together that requires collaboration, I would study with friends in order to finish faster. It is only really for exams or solo projects that I need to work alone to eliminate distractions.
0
0

Yasemin’s Answer

Hi Victory! Great question! I would definitely say a little bit of both for me. I am definitely someone who needs to study by themselves first to finish my work and understand something. It is helpful to have friends walk you through a problem if you don't understand it or a concept that seems confusing but be mindful that friends can also be distracting. Sometimes when my friends and I would study we would go off topic and while it's ok for a study break, if you need to understand something and prepare for an exam or topic, it can be distracting. I would try to avoid this by staying on track as best as possible such as maybe with a simple reminder and also try to study by yourself as well to make sure you understand the concept and lay the foundation before going into a larger group. Group of friends can be terrific for going over something and getting more in detail or quizzing each other before an exam. Overall both can be great ways to study so keep them in mind and see what works for you- are you someone who needs to study by themselves or prefer with friends? Do you think you would get easily distracted and therefore need to be more rigid before grouping with others?

I hope this helps!
Thank you comment icon I will use this advice as I prepare for my career. Victory
0
0

Several ideas here:
1. Use a public library—make sure it's open on weekends.
2. Check to see if your school's library has extended hours.
3. One hour at Starbucks—with your favorite drink.
4. Remind your folks you need time to study and perhaps work out a time schedule that is convenient for everyone.
5. This is hard—study when everyone is sleeping.
6. Get up before your family does and study then.
7. In warm weather, find a nice place to sit and work--bring a drink.
0
0

Zohra’s Answer

Hi Victory,

Both. I would first revise the material myself in a library so that you had some foundation on the material and whatever you didn't grasp, you'd be able to revise with a group and their perspective may help you tremendously .

Failing is a good thing, challenges are a good this, even though it doesn't feel like it at the time. Your willingness to address it and seek out help is important .

Hope you have success!
0
0

Chidozie’s Answer

For me, I would rather study alone as there may be too many distractions studying with friends. However, for some subjects requiring debate or an exchange of ideas, it may be beneficial to study with a group of focused associates. It may also be useful to study with students who have a better knowledge of the subject and are willing to share their knowledge. In summary, the preferred study option is dependent on the subject but I would mostly choose to study alone.
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

In terms of study location, it is really subject to your personal preference. Some people like to do revision at home, some like to do in cafe, some like to do it in library, etc. You can choose where you can focus and less distraction.
On the other hand, you can do revision alone and with classmates so that you can best benefit. These 2 ways are not mutual exclusion.
I would suggest below :
1. Finish the assignment & projects on time. That can help you to understand what has covered in the class.
2. Do daily revision to review what you have learnt every day.
3. Have regular revision group with your classmates. You can discuss with your classmates if you have any questions or anything not clear.
4. Before the exam, try to do some past papers.
5. If you have any question or doubt on the past paper answer, you can discuss with your classmates too.
Hope this helps! Good Luck!
0