How to perform in interview?

Updated Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I am international second-year undergraduate student studying in business school. Now I apply some positions in a club or pre-internship program, they all need to pass interviews. Do you have some useful tips? #interview #job-application

Alyssa’s Answer

Updated Indianapolis, Indiana

My first piece of advice is to find some common interview questions and practice answering them out loud! Saying them in your head is way different than saying them out loud. Be prepared to answer the question tell me about yourself. Nearly every interviewer is going to ask you that question. It sounds like an easy question, but is normally your first impression and a chance to let them know you as a person.

Do some research on the places you are interviewing with before you go there. That way you can have some good questions prepared to ask. After your interview send a thank you note. It can be electronically or in the mail. Just send it. It'll set you apart from the crowd. Make sure you have a few copies of your resume printed on resume paper(not normal printer paper). Bring a notepad and a nice pen(nothing that says Hilton Garden Inn or some other brand) and keep it in a nice leather folder. If I know I have some questions going into an interview I will write them down in my notebook. I also write the name of the person(fairly small that way they don't see their name written in HUGE LETTERS) I'm interviewing with at the top of the notepad so I can't forget it during the interview.

Try on your interview outfit the night before that way you are sure that everything fits right and if something doesn't you'll be able to prepare and adjust. There is no need to make yourself more nervous by having a wardrobe catastrophe right before your interview. If you wear jewelry to the interview keep it simple. You don't want to be wearing big bangle bracelets that make a lot of noise during your interview. If you do there is a chance they will distract you, but more likely that is all your interviewer is going to remember about you instead of how awesome your answers are! Practice shaking hands with somebody you trust before. Have them let you know if your handshake is okay. Try and get a good nights sleep before your interview and be early for your interview. Smile and be yourself!! I wish you the best with your interviews Ena!

Naga’s Answer

Updated North Wales, Pennsylvania

Hello Ena,

I agree in totality with Alyssa

Write down some common questions after a bit of research online and answer them the way you would in your interview.Practice these answers in front of a mirror , if that helps you.

Focus on elevating your strengths . it is not bad to let them know if you are unaware of a particular skill but you should be able to less project that and confident enough on talking what you can deliver for them . Always show the Zeal to learn more.

Have the position requisites in front of you and review it completely and thoroughly . Understand what they are looking specifically for the role and project that capability of yours

Be prepared ahead in terms of attire and directions

Take a minimum of 3 hard copies of your resume, just in case

Go 10-15 minutes early,if allowed, so that you get a chance to acclimate yourself to the atmosphere

Firm shake hand ,eye contact and smile on your face

it is okay to be nervous and you might be . so a little preparation will make it easy for you

Jonathan’s Answer

Updated Florida, Florida

The organizations that are ahead of the curve / leading the way now mostly use "Behavioral Interviews" to get to know potential candidates.

The fundamental aspect of a Behavioral Interview is that the type of question you'll face will be structured to understand not only WHAT you can do but also HOW you have done things in the past and HOW you might choose to do things in the future.

Typical behavioral questions include" Tell me about a time when..." and also "What would you do if..."

When attending a behavioral interview, you should always present your answers in the S.T.A.R. answer format.

S.T.A.R. stands for Situation - Task - Action - Result.

For example, if you were asked a customer service type question, like "Tell me about a time when you had to appease an unhappy customer / client.", then you would follow the structure of stating the situation (i.e. I was working at firm X and a client was unhappy due to oa product / service not having been fulfilled) then stating the task (i.e. The task was to take action to ensure that this client is, once again, happy with the product / service your company provides) then stating the actions (i.e. What you did to correct the situation and how you communicated this to the client) and finally state the result you achieved (i.e. a positive result: The client was happy and the firm kept the business).

You always want to tell a story where you were successful rather than one where you were unsuccessful.

Keeping to this structure also ensures that you will stay on point and know that you can stop talking when you have finished presenting the answer rather than trying to fill silences or allowing yourself to go off topic.

Jonathan recommends the following next steps:

• Research S.T.A.R. question & answer formats and ensure you have prepared basic answers to likely questions but also be prepared to apply the S.T.A.R. answer format to topics you may not have thought of ahead of time as the structure is quite simple and, with a few seconds thought, can be allocated to almost any situation you care to describe.

Poonam’s Answer

Updated Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Here are the best interview tips :

Over here, we are going to help you by sharing with you, the best job interview tips, right from the horse’s mouth i.e. the interview experts.

So, let’s begin….

1. DO A RESEARCH OF THE COMPANY:

Carry out a detailed study of the employer and the industry, so you are prepared for the interview question “Can you tell something about this company?” Try to recall what you have found out about the organization while replying to the questions. Get to know the interviewer’s name, and address it amid the interview. In case you do not know the name, enquire before the interview. Developing affinity and giving a personal touch can up your odds of getting the job. Employers tend to procure candidates they like, and who appear to be a solid match for the organization’s environment.

2. BE PUNCTUAL:

Be on schedule for the interview. On time implies five to ten minutes prior. In the event that need be, leave early to drive to the interview location early so you know precisely where you are going and how much time it will take to reach. Give yourself a couple of additional minutes to visit the rest room, check your clothes, and stay relaxed.

<h1>for more details: Top 5 Tips For Interview From Experts, That Would Land You A Job</h1>