I am interested in this job and I have 5 questions what is the base salary and cap salary of a sales manager? how long does the average person study this field be for getting a job. how does a day in the life of a sales manager start like and end. how many hours a day are you usually working. do you get vacation time.
I am interested in this job and would like to get the feel of what its is before I commit to it
- What is the base salary and cap salary of a sales manager? This will range by industry etc. and has a lot of factors. Some high end fast food managers clear $150k per year depending on the chain. In the tech industry it is very competitive and also ranges quite a bit and can push on the higher side as mentioned in previous answers.
- How long does the average person study this field before getting a job? There are entry level sales positions you can get at many places including Solar, Wireless phones, etc.
- How does a day in the life of a sales manager start like and end? Depends on the sales manager. It can be like owning a business and is a lifestyle in many ways. You are not only in charge of the business, but all the people associated with it when you become a manager.
- How many hours a day are you usually working? Depends on the day and what needs to get done. Time management is critical to getting the job done and maintaining a good work life balance so you and your team remain effective.
- Do you get vacation time? If you work at the right place you will.
Hope this helps. Find your passion, what you love to do and spend time on. Try to find a sales job in that area as you will be much more likely to excel where those align.
Although I am not a sales manager, I have been in sales for most of my career so might be able to help. Your base salary really depends on the industry you are in. I would think upwards of $250k for my industry with an opportunity for a bonus. You would most likely need a 4-year college degree and about 5 years or more of job experience. Management can be very challenging because you are not only responsible for your work but for the work of a team of others. There is also a lot of pressure in sales to keep your volume up so the manager really feels that. I work from home and roughly 40 hours a week with some travel. Most places offer vacation, starting at 2 weeks and working your way up from there. I know companies now offer way more flexibility than in the past so it's important to negotiate that upfront. Hope this helps!
The base salary and cap of a sales manager will vary from field to field. In Technology, a 4 year degree and a few years of experience are typically necessary and the base salary can start in the low six figures. There typically isn't a cap for a sales manager and that role can be quite lucrative. The sales manager job in technology would be to insure that the quota is met for their region. They would work with their sales team to insure that their sales team is meeting their quotas. They might travel to meet with customers, along with their sales executives. They are also responsible for forecasting how much their team will sell each quarter and report on that to their management. They also remove internal roadblocks for their team and insure that their team is able to be successful. The sales manager job can be very time consuming, in my experience sales managers can work 50-60 hours a week with travel. Vacation time varies by company and by seniority, but typically would start with 2-3 weeks and can be as high as 6 weeks. Sales can be a very exciting career, you will work hard but you will get great rewards. Good luck!