What is your recommendation for potential professions for a teenager?
What is your recommendation for which field a high schooler should start with? What can they expect to leave with once they finish their term? How can they utilize their takeaways in their future opportunities?
I think picking a profession is something that is a difficult decision that takes lots of time. Unless you stumble upon an amazing experience or your natural talents and goals aligned perfectly, it's something that many people take years and multiple tries to figure out.
However, I do recommend that you work retail for a summer. This is something that can teach you a bunch of valuable life lessons, such as:
* empathy for those stuck in these jobs
* what a dollar is really worth
* how to deal with difficult people
That last one isn't the greatest lesson between the three, but is one that will continually serve you as you progress in your career, and I believe it is best to learn it early on.
As for choosing your actual profession, my advice would be to try out many different types of jobs and classes to figure out what you enjoy doing most. Here are some example scenarios:
* What's that? You enjoy crunching numbers and organizing spreadsheets? Maybe you should try accounting.
* You like solving problems and figuring out "perfect" solutions but not in a physical way? Maybe try programming.
* Maybe you like being a leader and helping those that look up to you. Maybe you should go into management (or if you don't want to be responsible for them, a project manager).
But yeah, I don't think anyone can tell you what you should do as the answer is unique to you, your experiences, and what you want your future life to look like.
Anyways, I hope this was helpful! I wish you the best!