3
Updated 66 views

What does a day look like for a welder?

Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of the role ?

3

1

Bhavna’s Answer

A typical day for a welder may involve setting up welding equipment according to the specifications of a given job, preparing the metals to be welded, selecting the type of welding technique needed and welding the metals together. After completing the welding process, welders carefully check their work to make sure that the connection meets industry standards and provides the necessary strength. Depending on the industry, a welder may also be expected to read and interpret blueprints, cut and shape metal materials, use measuring and layout tools, operate grinders and various other hand and power tools, and clean, prepare and weatherproof welded areas.
Thank you comment icon Thanks, can't wait to put this advice into action! Kris
1
0

Mack’s Answer

Hey Kris,

I have no first hand experience in welding but I have seen a short video that might give some idea. I'm sure there are other videos on the Internet.

https://www.scetv.org/stories/2019/psa-welding

Good luck, looks like an enjoyable career and I understand it can be lucrative.

Mack Bailey
0
0

A day for a welder typically involves preparing and setting up equipment, reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications, selecting and positioning materials to be welded, and using various welding techniques to join metal parts together. They may also inspect and test completed welds to ensure they meet quality standards. The work environment can vary depending on the type of welding being performed, with some welders working in a shop or factory setting and others working in outdoor or industrial environments. The work schedule may also vary, with some welders working regular business hours and others working evenings, weekends, or shifts.
Thank you comment icon I'm excited to put your great advice to good use! Kris
0