3
Asked 289 views

What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter psychiatry? What are the most effective strategies for seeking a position in this field??

I'm currently completing my diploma as well as a trade on the side. I plan on going to community college for two years and then to a 4-year college. After that to get my bachelor's and masters. I'd like to know what it takes to get through all of these courses to get the optimal outcome. I know it's a solid commitment and I'm willing to work for it so I don't need reminders about how hard it's going to be.

3

0

Amalya’s Answer

There are many strategies to find a good job. For instance, you can improve your overall CV by volunteering, completing internships, taking self-development courses, etc.
0
0

Lorraine’s Answer

Kane,
I think you are on the right path with planning to go to college. To be a psychiatrist you will need to get a bachelor degree in either biology, psychology, or related field. Next you will need to attend medical school and a residency program in psychiatry. After you complete medical school you will need to get a license to practice as a psychiatrist. Additionally, pursue volunteer opportunities relevant to psychiatry such as hospitals, clinics, or rehabilitation centers.
Some effective strategies to seek a position as a psychiatrist include:
1. Networking: develop relationships with other mental health professionals by attending conferences and professional organizations.
2. Build clinical experience by taking additional internships or volunteer opportunities.
0