What college is the best for pursuing a career in accounting?

4

Even though I want to be computer engineer, I still want to know about business and accounting because that is another area of interest for me. #technology #accounting #hobby

4

Marie-France’s Answer

0
I agree with Joanne. This is becoming the norm. Most employers are now "third party payers" helping pay for employees' education. I was able to complete a bachelor in Communications, MBA and a Masters of Information Systems Management while my employer, Verizon, helped with full tuition costs. My recommendation would be to go first for the Engineering degree and complete with the MBA.
0

Kelly’s Answer

0
My Alma Mater #syracuse-university has a great engineering and accounting program! For an unbiased opinion, see the link below which ranks the best undergraduate programs for accounting!

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-accounting
0

Eric’s Answer

0
In all honestly, there are a lot of schools that have good engineering and accounting programs. The US News and World report has a ranking system (https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges), however it really depends on where you want to live (primary choice) and if they have the programs that you want.

I suggest going into an engineering program that allows you to get a minor in business. Many schools have that type of program. Additionally I would make sure the school has a good track record with career placements as your opportunities for internships and careers after college usually start from the career services department of the college.
0

Joanne’s Answer

0
Hi .. go for the computer engineer degree then maybe your future employer will pay for graduate school where you can get a MBA degree.

Or .. if you really like accounting, there are business-concentrated computer degrees.

Accounting is a nice complement to computer science because it brings in a real world perspective of 'what goes in, should come out' - all should be even.

0