8
Asked 247 views

Is there any job that I can quickly apply to and work during this summer?

I didn't plan that well on finding and applying for a job this summer, and I feel like doing so is an important part of a college app. What can I do?

8

0

Mark’s Answer

Depending on Child labor laws in your state there are many jobs you can do. Some states the age is 14 with parents/legal guardian written permission while in others it's 16. 1 good thing to think about that doesn't pay in dollars but does pay in experience is volunteering at homeless shelters, food banks, other charities. This helps you by getting you explosed to working as well as helping your community. for dollar paying jobs ask around. Even 2-4 hours a week is a start Ask your local diner, grocery, gas station if they need P/T help. Often if you show the initiative they will give you a job & if you do a good job it will turn into full time with better pay & benefits. It's up to you.
0
0

Monica’s Answer

Depending on your year in school, this may have varying levels of impact. Your early years you simply want to get any work experience. If you are near graduation from college, you may want to take some time to reflect on your interests and moreover why you weren't compelled to job search. It may mean your major or current work experience is not exciting to you. If this is the case, you may want to explore career paths that are entirely different then what you've done before. Although no job application process is "fun," you generally want to apply to roles that you find exciting and think "I can't let this pass me up." Now, for the issue at hand as to what/how to get a job quickly? Linkedin or any "hiring now" signage helps. Follow up quickly via email or phone call. Make it known you are actively looking to light a fire under the hiring team. When employers need a role filled, it can move as quickly as the same-week or day-of in terms of response times. Also, again, depending on your age/schooling, unpaid internships or free job shadows can build your experience, offer school credit, or offer stipends/benefits/exposure, which are equally valuable and extremely common for new students.
0
0

Roma’s Answer

Hey! All the suggestions here are fantastic, and I strongly advise you to check out LinkedIn too. You'll undoubtedly find a job there that suits your needs. If your particular field doesn't have exciting opportunities, don't worry – there's sure to be a remote job waiting for you to explore!
0
0

david’s Answer

The good news is that all jobs have value, and all jobs are important. Whether you work at a fast-food restaurant, or as a laborer in a construction site, or anything else, your doing it shows commitment to take ownership of your future and your willingness for real work. You might also investigate volunteer work that you could do during the summer. Whether working or volunteering, you build your credibility and maturity. All the best.
Thank you comment icon Thanks for the help. Jayden
0
0

Tara’s Answer

EXPLORE COMPANIES THAT OFFER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS

Fast food and retail stores provide attractive job opportunities along with extra benefits for high school and college students. For instance, Starbucks presents scholarships to their student employees. The company covers the entire tuition fee for workers who wish to obtain a four-year online bachelor's degree from Arizona State University. Students can qualify for this tuition support after completing 240 hours of work at an eligible Starbucks location within three consecutive months, according to Lindsay Gueren, a counselor at Woodstock High School. (Jessica Sager)

Gueren also highlights other corporate programs worth considering, such as Earn and Learn from UPS, which assists with college expenses and offers a bonus of up to $25,000 for part-time employees (with a maximum of $5,250 in aid per calendar year). Publix grocery store has reimbursement programs for associates who have worked continuously for six months and average 10 hours per week. Keep in mind that program eligibility may change, so it's a good idea to check the company website and consult the manager or HR department for qualification details. (Jessica Sager)

I highly recommend exploring all options where you can benefit from scholarship opportunities. These jobs are often available due to the high turnover rate in employment. A company with a scholarship plan can be a valuable investment in your future. I hope this information proves useful, and here's a link for more details: https://www.collegecovered.com/paying-for-college-applications/ I wish you great success in your college and career journey.
0
0

Madisyn’s Answer

Hey Jayden,

A summer job can certainly be a fantastic boost to your college application. Lots of high school students find employment in retail or fast-food sectors during their summer break. These jobs often have a simple online application process, and they'll invite you for an interview afterward. Also, remember that volunteering is an excellent alternative, just like I did when I couldn't secure a summer job during my high school days.

Wishing you all the best in your job hunt!
0