5
Asked 624 views

Can I become a teacher while i’m still in college?

How do I find schools to hire me? Can I become a teacher or substitute teacher while I’m still in college? When is the right time to start applying for teaching positions?

5

1

Yisel’s Answer

Hello Abby,

Kudos to you for choosing such a remarkable career path as teaching! If it piques your interest, you could consider becoming a teacher's assistant while you're still pursuing your degree. There are various certifications available that would allow you to gain valuable experience in the education sector even before you graduate.

In certain situations, it's possible to start teaching even before you've obtained your license. Private schools, for instance, often provide such opportunities. While many of these institutions prefer certified teachers, especially those accredited similarly to public schools, they typically don't mandate certification. This flexibility in licensing requirements could make it easier for you to land a teaching job there.

Volunteering is another great way to gain experience while also leaving ample time for your studies. Alternatively, you could consider substitute teaching. This role usually only requires a high school diploma and can serve as a stepping stone into the world of teaching. Although the pay may not be as high as a full-time teaching position and it may not come with benefits, it's a fantastic way to gain hands-on experience in the classroom.

For more information and advice, you may find this link helpful: https://study.com/blog/can-i-start-teaching-before-i-am-certified.html.
1
0

Alan’s Answer

Abby, no, you can't become a teacher while you're going to college, at least not a public school teacher. What you will be doing is student teaching, which will be part of your course work. You might be able to be teach in a child care center, or be a student volunteer in a public school. There's no rush. You'd want to be as prepared as possible before taking on the great demands of teaching. You'll have to learn about child development, curriculum planning, classroom management, professional ethics and public school procedures. A lot is required: organizational skills, writing excellence and vast knowledge, along with maturity, patience and perspective. One step at a time. Teachers can make or break children. You should be fully prepared to be the kind that makes them.
0
0

Shelisa’s Answer

Good Morning!! Salutatorians!!!

Thank you for your Questions!

It is glitter gold!!

Hey!! My Mother is a Retired Educator! I can ask her !! if I wanted to teach!! Or if you don't have A family member that could help you!! You can always call or visit your County
Board of Education Office to assist you.

Hope this helps!!!
Good Luck🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
0