As a vocalist how do you get your name out there?

I want to be an iconic figure in my future.#vocals #vocalist #music #singing #music-business

Elizabeth’s Answer

Hi! Do you want to be an iconic figure or a singer? Seeking fame for the sake of "getting famous" will leave you disappointed and empty in the long run. If you want to become a singer because you love music and are talented as a singer, that is different. The "famous" ones are marketing gurus - it's not always about the musical talent they possess. So I would suggest you do some soul searching - is it more important to you to be a true musician who works hard at her craft? Or is it more important to you to become an iconic figure? Yes, you can become both. But it is the art and craft of the music that will satisfy you, not the fame. The fame is fleeting - it comes and goes. Fans are fickle. You can't control fame or predict it. But you can control how hard you work and how you invest your time and talents and what sort of artist you become. I wish you well in finding your true calling and in discovering what your best talents really are. Don't be fooled by the "glamour" and glitz. Devote yourself to your talent and calling, not to "becoming" iconic and you will enjoy life more! Peace!

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Do some soul searching as to what your true calling is.
  • Do not compare yourself to others.
  • Do not listen to the critics - be true to yourself.
  • Enjoy what you do, whatever it is!
  • Be patient.