What is a good career choice for a person with a natural ability for learning foreign languages?

4

In addition to excelling in English throughout high school, I also have a passion for Spanish and American Sign Language. I would love to get input from others regarding a career choice that would allow me to use this strength. #foreign-languages #language #communication #spanish #american-sign-language

4

JENNA’s Answer

0

A foreign language is always helpful in a career. I understand there is a great need for ASL interpreters, especially in the medical fields, among others, right now. Besides the usual interpretation/translation/education options, which are always good ones for someone multi-lingual, a job that doesn't specifically require a foreign language might find the quality attractive in a candidate. Continue to boost your fluency in all languages and explore what interests you, and your career will follow. You can always speak to (or sign with) someone who has a career you find interesting, and see how they got there. Good luck!

0

Alberto’s Answer

0

Definitively this is a big skill you have because you can work whatever you want! I mean, you can choose any career and complement it learning foreign languages. This will allow you to work in any country you want.

If you are pretending to study only languages, you can be a translator for executives during conferences, translate movies, books, etc. But I highly recommend to make it as a complement of your main career.

0

Dawn’s Answer

0
Here are a few career options that you can investigate:

Simultaneous Interpreter
Literary Translator
Localization Translator
Medical Translator
Judiciary Translator
0