Sean P.’s Avatar

Sean P.

91

4

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon.

What was it like for you to transition from school to work?

What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work?

What advice would you give your past self if you could?

#real-world #first-job #jobs #job-search #employment

Everyone is different, don't rush growing up.

I was 18 when i got my first stable job. It was hard to focus on school, work, and having time for things that I enjoy doing. I couldn't balance everything at once back then.

My first stable job was full-time coming into my freshman year in college, before I was working part time while I was in high school and it was sort of easier to manage my schedule because I requested my own work schedule.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

• Now it is easier for me to balance everything in life. I work full time, school full time, rotc and army full time, and having time for fun and my friends.
  • Good Part: being financially stable and not having to ask my parents for help. Being able to do the things I enjoy and wanting to buy without having a budget from someone else and being able to set me own limits.
  • Bad Part: having to balance between work and school, getting to relax and have fun, and still getting homework and studying done. Not having enough time as I want to get involved on campus how i'd like to when I first started working. Leaving what goes on at work, at work.
Last updated Apr 23 at 22:52