Sean P.’s Avatar

Sean P.

106

4

How old were you when you got your first stable job?

Im still a student but will enter the real world soon.

What was it like for you to transition from school to work?

What were the hardest things to get used to? What are the best parts of starting work?

What advice would you give your past self if you could?

#real-world #first-job #jobs #job-search #employment

Everyone is different, don't rush growing up.

I was 18 when i got my first stable job. It was hard to focus on school, work, and having time for things that I enjoy doing. I couldn't balance everything at once back then.

My first stable job was full-time coming into my freshman year in college, before I was working part time while I was in high school and it was sort of easier to manage my schedule because I requested my own work schedule.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

• Now it is easier for me to balance everything in life. I work full time, school full time, rotc and army full time, and having time for fun and my friends.
  • Good Part: being financially stable and not having to ask my parents for help. Being able to do the things I enjoy and wanting to buy without having a budget from someone else and being able to set me own limits.
  • Bad Part: having to balance between work and school, getting to relax and have fun, and still getting homework and studying done. Not having enough time as I want to get involved on campus how i'd like to when I first started working. Leaving what goes on at work, at work.
Last updated Apr 24 at 02:52 AM

Sean P,

I was a few days shy of turning 23 when I was fresh out out college with a Bachelors in Arts degree. I was excited because prior to that I had no major accomplishments in the academic world but here I was very young and with a degree. There was no transitioning for me because I was always working. My first stable job after graduation was a Passenger Service Agent for an airline, it was extensive work and little pay and I was around many people who only finished High School, that right there was kind of hard for my ego to deal with. The hardest things is going into a job that does not really deal with your major, being paid the same amount of money you did when you were working as a teenager and dealing with hard physical labor when you are worthy of sitting in an office. The best parts of starting to work is receiving paychecks to pay your loans back. There are many advices I would give to my younger self but truth be told younger me would not take it in until later on in life but I would had told the younger me to be quick to listen and to become slower to talking back. Those two key features along with my knowledge would had advanced me.

Best wishes on your journey.

Last updated Nov 20 at 04:52 PM