Eduarda Luísa’s Answer
Hope you are doing great!
Being a busy person is never easy, right? It's so hard to manage time when you have so many things to do and you want to get them all done. Even those doing all that we want is not always possible, there are a few things that can help us manage our time a little bit better, so we can do almost everything that we want! After all, we all have 24 hours per day. The difference is how we choose to manage this time.
I'm gonna share with you some tips that I use in my daily basis and that, hopefully, they will help you too :)
1)Make lists. I looove making lists of everything that I need to do. It helps me to have control of everything and organize my thoughts.
2) Prioritize - Once you have your list with everything that you need to do, you can prioritize them. You could do this by putting the items in the order from most important/urgent to least important, use different colors according to priority and so on.
3)Establish time. It can be very stressful if you focus too much time into one specific task for too long. Take some 5 minute breaks every 30 minutes or whenever you feel like you need to rest. But be careful not to take too long breaks! You can use some really cool apps that control time or even the timer from your phone!
4) This is something that I recently started doing and it has changed my life haha! I like putting all my tasks into post-its, so its colorful and easier to visualize. Once I have the task in a post it, I divide it into many parts. That way, it looks smaller and I don't have to do it all at once!
If I need to study for a test:
Test Study: 30 min per day
-Read chapters 1, 2
-Read chapters 3,4
-watch video about chapter 5
5)Depending on the task you are doing, you need to keep your phone away from you. I personally put it under my bad, so I can't see it hahah
6) Do not let it accumulate! Procrastinate as least as you can! If you follow your lists and schedules, you will have some free time left to do other fun stuff ;)
7) Never forget to take some time to take care of yourself (even if you need to let go of something that is important on your list)! Exercise, have great nights of sleep, eat healthy food and do things that you like! Never forget to take really good care of your mental and physical health :)
I have to study, clean my room, walk the dog, see my friend, go to the store, finish my essay.
How do you accomplish them all?
Essay and Study should be your WIGS
The rest is the whirlwind.
Hope That Helps,
You will need to focus on stress and time management. In order to manage stress you have to manage your time wisely. <span style="background-color: transparent;">You have to set a routine for yourself and stick to it for the most part. Once you get into the groove of a routine it will be much easier for you to manage your time and have enough time for everything you need to do (including relaxing). Make yourself to-do lists on a weekly basis, use Google calendar or a planner to keep track of events, deadlines, and due dates. In addition to setting a routine and sticking to it, plan out relaxing activities into your day. Or set aside a time, after everything is done for the day, that you can have "me" time. I have also personally found it essential to not only find time for myself but also make use of that time in a way that is best for me and my holistic wellness. I have found the HeadSpace app to be an essential tool in helping me relax and generally feel more relaxed throughout the day, Guided meditation, even if you have a busy schedule, will make you feel more at ease and relaxed throughout the day as a whole (not just when you have the time to relax and focus on that "me" time).</span>
<span style="background-color: transparent;">Set a routine.Use Google Calendar.Set aside Me TimeWrite weekly to-do lists and use a planner.Find a peaceful and restful activity that will help you feel relaxed.</span>
<span style="background-color: transparent;">Here is how to be successful in them:</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">Stay on track - do assignments early, finish things a head of time, and be aware of all of your deadlines</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">do all the the assignments and read all of the coursework required- do not cut corners</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">use Google calendar to keep track of deadlines</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">communicate with your professor early if something comes up</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">do not be afraid to ask for an extension if you need one</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">study, and study a lot! you don't have regular class sessions so you will need to put in more work at home.</span>
- <span style="background-color: transparent;">Do your best and genuinely try hard to give it your all.</span>
The best way to score high on the test is to Google search an online program or book that will help you study. Once you find an online lesson plan for success you can use it as a road map for studying. Otherwise, find a book to help you study and spend 45 mins a night reading through it and studying. Depending on when you test is, the first thing you will want to do is organize a studying schedule for yourself. Target studying certain sections of the test and divide them up by the weeks/months you have until you have to take it.
First, make sure you write down a list of to do items the night before- start with the priorities first and then write down what else you want to accomplish.
I learned that I am better off preparing my work cloth, my lunch, even coffe/the the night before, instead of trying to wake up early and rush. Which from my experience-never works because I like to sleep extra 5 minutes in the morning.
Don’t stay up late-try to eat before 6PM, read a book, make a list of to do things but don’t watch TV before going to bed-sometimes you might loose your sleep and end up not getting enough sleep and feeling frustrated the next morning.
Always remember, you can’t finish everything in one day. Don’t wait until the last minute to pay your bills- set up all bills online and let the worry stop. You will avoid spending time writing Checks or calling to make a payments- the 1800 or other companies do take time..
If you can take a flex day during the week because you are working the weekends- I recommend you do sometimes- it will allow you to do your weekly tasks during the week when it’s less busier and your weekend won’t turn into cleaning, cooking, laundry, and ets-you will actually feel that it’s the weekend to enjoy.
If you do cook try to cook for at least 2-3 days
Mark all you need to do on your calendar-it will remind you of what needs to be done and you can do a check off
Always schedule time for yourself- you need to feel energized to do anything-it needs to be a job and not like you have another work to do during the week. So eat healthy, try to exercise even at home for at least 20 minutes.-you will feel the difference
Hope this helps
With this being said life happens, if I get off track with something or a fire drill comes up at work I look at my task and rearrange when I can do what. Knowing what has to be done versus what I want to do is also important. When I get behind on my tasks and know I am not going to be able to make time for everything, I will use the rule of 3. I pick 3 things that have to get done for that day and complete those. This helps me again feel not overwhelmed and also feel like I was able to achieve something for the day.
Unfortunately, school work and studying requires time. Basically, college becomes your job for 4 to 6 years. You need to make time for it if you want to do well. If you feel you have a busy life, this means you will have to let some of the items in your life that are consuming your time go. It's just that simple.