Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

Asked Louisville, Kentucky

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors #forensic

Judy’s Answer

Hi Mahalet,

The answer to your forensic science minor availability is dependent on where you will be attending college. Sign up with an academic counselor and see what type of courses you will need for your criminal justice degree. See if there is a separate Forensic Science minor or a class you can take as part of your criminal justice major. There are many components to forensic science and you can explore and gain a better understanding if you may like it from taking one class. This can save you a lot of money and possible grief before going forward with a minor you may not enjoy.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

• make an appointment with an academic counselor to see all the classes you need for criminal justice and a minor in forensic science.
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!