How does a surgeon deal with the mental stress when an operation goes wrong?

Asked Cary, North Carolina

Jasanpreet Kaur’s Answer

Updated Jersey City, New Jersey

Always learn from your failure. Try to recall and identify what went wrong. Before you start recalling it is essential for you to accept that a mistake has been done and you are ready to work on the mistake.

Often, people find it difficult to recall those things as they are so scared to do so. Thus, it is essential that you need to prepare yourself mentally that "You have to learn" that is why you want your mind to recall it.

This is all mind game. If you train your mind and then make it work, for sure your task will be accomplished.

It will be difficult initially but if you will accept it as a challenge to train your mind, nothing is difficult in life. It is all in back of our mind. It is you who name something as "Difficult" and another thing as "Easy".

I always take it as a challenge for myself to move that "Difficult Task" to my "Easy Task" bucket.

#stress #stressmanagement #failure #learnfromfailure

Jasanpreet Kaur recommends the following next steps:

• While recalling if you get scared. Just remind yourself "Stop it! I have to learn".
  • Keep trying.
  • Never give up!