How can I stay ahead of schedule in my classes?

2

I've just begun a new semester at UIC after Christmas break. Being a #computer-science major, I've had quite a difficult time catching up with my schedule for the past several semesters. Now I want to do things a bit differently. I want to be ahead so that it doesn't become too tight for me later on -- or worse -- that I fall behind.
What are some good steps to take in this direction?

2

Thomas’s Answer

0

Time Management is key in college. It is easy to get behind because of some of the time required to complete assignments. I physical calendar will help, but why not use technology to your advantage. There are many calendar/task apps out there that can help you stay on top of you schedule. I personally used Google Calendar and its reminders and tasks to keep me in step. Find the app that works best for you.

0

Theresa’s Answer

0
I had a giant calendar, marked each class in a different color. Took each syllabus and marked papers, tests, and even worked backwards marking in times to work on this or that to save myself. It worked very well. Still busy, but I didn't have to pull any all-nighters. Not once.
0