Career Questions tagged Gis

Miwa’s Avatar
Miwa Feb 10 229 views

What opportunities are there for integrating environmental science with GIS?

I'm graduating in December of 2022 with a BA in Environmental Studies and a certification in ArcGIS from a GIS semester course, however, I really want to pursue some sort of career integrating GIS and natural disasters whether it's mapping them, studying flood plains, etc. I'm wondering if...

Grace’s Avatar
Grace Nov 18, 2020 328 views

What alternative careers are there for graduating architecture students with GIS experience?

I have recently invested a lot of energy into learning ArcGIS pro and am interested in a career path that would utilize this skill. I think it would be really interesting to work with communities on digitizing historic data through GIS. What options are there available for me outside of...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 02, 2017 622 views

How do Independent Research Positions or Projects Work at University?

I recently completed and presented a project for a class in which my professor was over the moon about. After class, he suggested that next semester I could turn this project (it was a GIS campus project, in which I worked with Services and various other departments to complete) into an...